Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup of my tank

Hi,
    Here the setup of my reef tank (especially adapted for maintenance of SPS and LPS corals)
    *Bare-bottom tank
    *net water volume : 450 litres (include a refugium with an important population of Caulerpa sp.- 50 liters)
    *Aquamedic CaCo2 reactor guided by Milwaukee phmeter (substract = Aragonite / dissolve pH = 6.4)
    *No UV or ozone
    *Skimmer Aquacare 1000v60
    *Lighting : 1*400W (Aqualine 13000K) / 2*T5 blue / 1*T8 blue (supra-actinic)
    *ZEOvit system for 6 months.
    -1 liter of zeovit
    -water flow in the zeovit reactor = 800l/h (no switch on/off of the pump)
    -50% of zeovit exchange every 10 weeks
    -Zeobak (4 drops after exchange of zeovit)
    -Zeospur 2 (4.5ml per week)
    -Amino acid (4 drops daily)
    -Oligo elements (Sr, Ba, Mn, Zn, Ni, Cr, Co, Fe, I, F, B) - 10ml per week
    -weekly water changes (20 liters)
    Actually no zeostart/zeofood (perhaps an error??)

Parameters :
    Ca= 440
    KH = 7.5
    Mg = 1280-1300
    Density = 1024
    pH : 7.9 (morning) / 8.2 (evening)
    PO4 = 0 (Tropic Marin)
    NO3 = 0 (Salifert)

thanks for comments
    Last edited by porites; 03-12-2005, 04:39 AM.
    <'))))< Pascal >(((('>

Poritis, looks good but I would recommend the following changes:

>>water flow in the zeovit reactor = 800l/h

Maximum of 600 liters per hour

>>50% of zeovit exchange every 10 weeks

90 % zeovit changed every 6- 8 weeks

>>Zeobak (4 drops after exchange of zeovit)

4 drops every other day for 2 weeks after changing zeovit – also in the same quantity and interval 4 drops ZeoFood7, than each 2 drops twice a week – ZeoStart 0,5 ml every day in the morning and 0,5 ml every day in the evening – Maybe you have a chance to use ZeoStart2 which is the advancement of the first version

>>Zeospur2 (4.5ml per week)

I would not recommend it in the beginning. Later on I would start with 3 ml, rising the quantity at 10 % steps until you found the correct dosage for your tank. Please wait minimum one week between the dosage

>>Oligo elements (Sr, Ba, Mn, Zn, Ni, Cr, Co, Fe, I, F, B) - 10ml per week

Would prefer to add trace elements with the weekly water change. I would not dose them with a extra product.

>>Amino acid (4 drops daily)

2 drops every other day

I would also recommend to run 0,5 liters PO4 free carbon in a passive water flow (filter sock) in the sump – completely changed every 30 days.

G.Alexander

Comment

Hi G.Alexander,
      Thanks for information
      With your remaks, I will improve my system...

So, I quickly will buy zeostart and zeofood

>>Oligo elements (Sr, Ba, Mn, Zn, Ni, Cr, Co, Fe, I, F, B) - 10ml per week
      Would prefer to add trace elements with the weekly water change. I would not dose them with a extra product.
      Yes It's sure but I have observed an important incrase of colloration of coral wih an addition of this solution...

I would also recommend to run 0,5 liters PO4 free carbon in a passive water flow (filter sock) in the sump – completely changed every 30 days.
      yes I had forgotten to specify it. I use the Aquatic Nature Carbon.
      <'))))< Pascal >(((('>

Comment

Porites, I would not say the trace elements harm the corals, but please keep in mind: In a nutrient poor system less trace elements are necessary, if overdosed the corals will react negative. I do not know the product, but I would recommend 10 % of the recommended quantity.

Good luck,

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
        X