Six line Wrasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six line Wrasses

I believe Gary told me he has 3 six line wrasses in his tank for flatworm control. Has anyone else tried it. I would think it would be okay provided you have a large tank.

I'm also happy to report: Have not seen any more AEFW in my tank for over 2 weeks now. Yipee! But it was hard work to get there. So there is hope for those who discover they have these pests.

I keep three of them together with one four line wrasse since about 2 years. Added two of them together. The third one was attacked in the beginning, now they swim side by side without problems. IMO they are really onof the the best fish in the fight against turbellaria.

G.Alexander

Comment

Based on my experience the six lines wrasse It's one of the best fishes you can add to a reef tank to control the growth of the flatworms of the genus planariae...

Comment

I can't keep them in my tanks. I've maybe had four over the past 15 years and every one of them ended up on the floor. Am I the only one with this problem?
        SteveU
        “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

What other fish do you have?

Comment

I put a six line in last week and have not seen it since.

-Tim

Comment

When I put my first six line in, my scarlet hawk tried to give it a hard time. But soon learned the six line was not having it. The six line started picking back at the hawk. So we now know who is boss.

timsVw: Have you checked your tank at night? sometimes they only come out at night until they get use to your tank.

Comment

I had one jump, and I had another for about 4 years and I just could not find him one day. Great fish I might add!
                You guys with more than one how may gallons are your tanks?
                Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
                Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I got a 225, soon to have a 450

Comment

I've maybe had four over the past 15 years and every one of them ended up on the floor.
                    Wrasses in general are notorious jumpers. You really need a covered tank to keep them.

Tom
                    Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Comment

My tank is not covered, and I do not see him at night. But I looked around the tank and have not seen him either.

-Tim

Comment

I lost mine because he jumped out the back of my system....Do you have a cat?
                        65 SPS
                        692Watts
                        2085gph Max Flow
                        Current Pride and Joy-Red Sea Regal Angelfish

ZEO - Phase 2

Comment

im thinkin about gettin one myself
                          Nick
                          Nick
                          180G SPS Mainly
                          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                          Calcium Reactor
                          3 Tunze 6105's
                          Profilux Controller
                          ATB Return w/ wavysea
                          ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Six-Lines sleep at night. Not a good time to try and find them.

Best way to lure one out, feed. They are fat kids in a tiny fishes body.

Comment

I will be getting one again soon, they also contral pyramid snails as well, I love these little guys
                              Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Working...
                              X