Bb ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bb ?

What are you guys using on your starboard to keep it clean mine is growin patches of fuzzy alage ??????
    Nick
    Nick
    180G SPS Mainly
    10 Bulb T5 Starfire
    Calcium Reactor
    3 Tunze 6105's
    Profilux Controller
    ATB Return w/ wavysea
    ATB M External Skimmer

I would scrape it off. and get some snails

Comment

i have a bunch of turbo snails that keep the tank clean
      Nam

Comment

i have Nauss. snails and a handful of turbos but there so big and clumsy they knock everything over on me i do scrap it but a day or 2 lata its back DRIVING ME NUTZ
        Nick
        Nick
        180G SPS Mainly
        10 Bulb T5 Starfire
        Calcium Reactor
        3 Tunze 6105's
        Profilux Controller
        ATB Return w/ wavysea
        ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

I have the same problem with my starboard, but I have practically no cleanup crew. I have noticed that whenever one of the snails does go across the starboard, it looks good as new in that area.

I just ordered a package from a local guy that sells cleanup crews. It has 20 astreas, 20 ceriths, 5 nausarus, and 1 conch. I also ordered a cuke because I heard they do a good job at cleaning the bottom.

This may not be enough snails for my tank, but I didn't want to go crazy and dump 100 snails in at once, so I'll add these and see how it goes, and maybe add some more in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Just an update - I added 20 astreas, 25 ceriths and 1 queen conch to my tank today. They have only been in the tank for a few hours, but I am amazed at how much of the starboard they have cleaned already. I can't wait to see what they do overnight.

I guess the moral of the story is to keep tabs on your cleanup crew and every once in awhile you have to restock them because snails don't seem to be the longest living creatures in our tanks. At one time, I had about 60-70 astreas in my original 75g. That had dwindled down to maybe 5 over the last 18 months or so, including 2 transfers between tanks which I'm sure led to a lot of the losses.

Comment

good to hear im gonna get more for myself
              Nick
              Nick
              180G SPS Mainly
              10 Bulb T5 Starfire
              Calcium Reactor
              3 Tunze 6105's
              Profilux Controller
              ATB Return w/ wavysea
              ATB M External Skimmer

Comment