Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weakly change

Hello,
    How much water change per week in your tanks?
    thanks
    Last edited by porites; 03-09-2005, 11:40 AM.
    <'))))< Pascal >(((('>

I change 5% I think that is what is reccomended
    Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Greetings All !

Extracted from the ZEOvit Guide: "To get a balanced addition of elements contained in the salt mixes, we recommend a weekly water change with the quantity depending upon the amount of corals. Lightly or normal stocked tanks should get a 5 - 6% weekly water change with a good salt mix. For heavy stocked tanks, we recommend a weekly change of 10%."

Sean is dead-on ... as usual ...
      "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hi Porites, as Sean & Gary mentioned, 5-10%/wk. is the norm. As one goes further into ZEOvit, with the resultant ultra-low nutrients, this is not as critical, as when nutrients via the waters are more abundant. Be careful then at that point, not to replace too high a % of water vol. as this adds an overload of elements to a nutrient-poor environment which can stress your corals. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

i do betwen 5 to 10g a week
          Nick
          Nick
          180G SPS Mainly
          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
          Calcium Reactor
          3 Tunze 6105's
          Profilux Controller
          ATB Return w/ wavysea
          ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

I have 100 net gallon tank.
            so I change the water 5gallon in a week.

www.spsholic.com

Comment

o yeah i have a 125g tank
              Nick
              Nick
              180G SPS Mainly
              10 Bulb T5 Starfire
              Calcium Reactor
              3 Tunze 6105's
              Profilux Controller
              ATB Return w/ wavysea
              ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
                Hi Porites, as Sean & Gary mentioned, 5-10%/wk. is the norm. As one goes further into ZEOvit, with the resultant ultra-low nutrients, this is not as critical, as when nutrients via the waters are more abundant. Be careful then at that point, not to replace too high a % of water vol. as this adds an overload of elements to a nutrient-poor environment which can stress your corals. Bob

Be sure to take this advise. Now with my tank in Stage 3 every little change in water chemistry stresses my corals. If I slip up on dosing for my alk and Mg my corals suffer, and it always take a lot longer to recover than it does to stress them. I need a reactor ASAP

Gary thanks for the complement, especially when it comes from someone I have a lot of respect for such as yourself
                Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

i change 130 liters of gross volumeper week $$$$

Comment

Working...
                  X