Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs

Overall SPS have not looked as good as they should as of late. I got out the hand lens and started looking around and it seems the red bugs have arrived. Some pieces are covered and some have few to none.

For those that have done the treatments have you used the 25mg per ten gallon dosage?
    My system is now at about 350g. Whats a shame is that only one 45 gallon tank has SPS but all the tanks are on the same 200g sump. I can set up a 20g and try to save some of the acro crabs but I'm concerned about the snail die off.

Any suggestions or experience here?

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Good discovery, Steve. I've never used Interceptor so maybe other can chime in on Dustin's Tx formula. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

I was not aware it did anything to the snails but maybe I am wrong here... ANYBODY?

Comment

no snail die-off IME

Some Emeralds made it through [maybe 25%], don't have any wild - so no acro crabs.

Comment

I have never had a snail die off but you never know. I have made my first dose today and I dosed stronger this time than I have in the last two treatments. I dosed two times in March '04 and three doses in August. Each time I had copepods running around after the lights were turned off. This time I am going stronger and dosed 1/2 of a pill. I have a 125 gallon tank and 30 gallon sump. The last two treatments, I dosed 1/3 pill so this time I am upping it up a bit.

Gordon
          I am out there, and loving every minute of it!

Out of the closet, that is. The Zeo closet.

Comment

My personal experience with the treatment is this, follow Dustins guidelines to a tee, all three steps, and then expect a small diatom bloom..

All crabs will die, maybe not the first trteatment, but for sure by the last..

I lost no shrimp, and no matrix crabs, also no loses on the snails, but you never know...

Best thing I have done for my corals to date though, they have never looked better........
            IF IT IS WORTH DOING, TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT..........

Comment

Originally posted by John Brancheau

Best thing I have done for my corals to date though, they have never looked better........
              Couldnt agree more. Its like ZEOvit.. you wont know what you were missing until you try it!

Comment

In todays pics I found this...

Zoom from another shot

SteveU
                Last edited by GTR; 03-09-2005, 06:19 PM.
                “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
                ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Steve,

That is a scary couple of pics, that is how i first nticed my problem, I actually spent about 3 months trying to decide if I wanted to take the risk with the interceptor, as of now, I am very satisfied with the results.....

John
                  IF IT IS WORTH DOING, TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT..........

Comment

I'm thinking first I'll isolate the tank which contains all my acros and treat it first to get rid of most of them. I can simply shut down the return line valve to this tank and start the treatment. I'll install a temporary sump and bypass the old one. This treatment should allow me some time to evaluate the immediate results though it won't get rid af them all I'm sure.
                    The acros IMO should "look" much better than they do considering the condition of the system right now.

SteveU
                    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

There must be a diffrent way of doing this so we dont kill our inverts
                      Nick
                      Nick
                      180G SPS Mainly
                      10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                      Calcium Reactor
                      3 Tunze 6105's
                      Profilux Controller
                      ATB Return w/ wavysea
                      ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Nick the only way not to harm the Iverts is not to use it. From what I remember it attacks the GABA channels in Arthropods, crabs, shrimp, lobsters, ect. No mollusks (clams, snails, ect.)or other inverts will be harmed
                        Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Yeah i know that about the incepitor im sayin there has to be other ways other then the pill we just dont know about them
                          Nick
                          Nick
                          180G SPS Mainly
                          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                          Calcium Reactor
                          3 Tunze 6105's
                          Profilux Controller
                          ATB Return w/ wavysea
                          ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

I guess I can look back years from now and say...
                            "Honey, remember when I had crabs?"

SteveU
                            ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

lol
                              Nick
                              Nick
                              180G SPS Mainly
                              10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                              Calcium Reactor
                              3 Tunze 6105's
                              Profilux Controller
                              ATB Return w/ wavysea
                              ATB M External Skimmer