ORA Birdnest growth pictures 4 mos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORA Birdnest growth pictures 4 mos.

After Zeovit the growth has really taken off on my corals.

November 2004

December 2004 (coloring up nicely)

January 2005 (Started Zeovit)

February 2005 (I love ORA frags!!!)

nice !!

Comment

Nice coral...kinda of a side question but I see people saying ORA all over the place. What exactly is ORA? Thanks
      -Nathan
      65 SPS
      692Watts
      2085gph Max Flow
      Current Pride and Joy-Red Sea Regal Angelfish

ZEO - Phase 2

Comment

Naka, where do you have that BN placed in coralation to your lighting? Mine is under 400 watters and does not get real green.. I can not go much lower in my tank though.. What type of lighting do you run and temp?

Peace and TY, Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff, I had it high, but then moved it to middle of my tank. That's when it started to take off. As far as the green color, it's under AB 10k's 250 de. spplemented w/ vho actinics. Do you have the same coral from ORA?
          Oh, my temp is currently about 76 - 78, but during summer 80 - 82.
          Last edited by naka; 03-07-2005, 05:26 PM.

Comment

very nice coral~ Thanks for sharing~

www.spsholic.com

Comment

ORA = Oceans Reefs and Aquariums out of Ft. Pierce, FL.

Comment

I'm glad I checked this thread. I picked up this frag about 2 weeks ago for $10 but had no idea what it was. I think it's the same as yours, Naka.

Comment

Yup, same as mine. Your's going to look like mine in about 3 months. I always had success w/ ORA frags. I see you have some fanworms. You can get rid of those w/ Copper Bands.

Comment

naka- where do you get all this ORA stuff?

i would love to get some here in Michigan! do i have to get them online or what? if you want PM me with a place to order them!

thanks!

Nick
                    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

I'm real close w/ my lfs here in houston. It's cool b/c I get to order corals and fish w/ them. What frags are you looking for Nick? Have you see this site? http://img16.exs.cx/img16/7482/alveopora8li.jpg[/IMG]]country corals
                      Last edited by naka; 03-07-2005, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Naka, yes mine is an ORA BN also.. I will move it lower and see if that helps color it up.. I do not run actinic though but do run 20K xm's.. I am going to hook up my IC660 and either run t5 supps or vho actinic.. Have not decided yet..

Comment

i have one myself hasnt grown close to that in the 3 months i had it mine is mid way behind my tunze so it has high light to med light to decent flow any suggestions ?
                          Nick
                          Nick
                          180G SPS Mainly
                          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                          Calcium Reactor
                          3 Tunze 6105's
                          Profilux Controller
                          ATB Return w/ wavysea
                          ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

that could be a green polyp stylo. I got one like it from Upscales. I also have the ORA green birds nest. same color on both.
                            My 180 Gallon SPS pictures-copy/paste

http://photobucket.com/albums/b373/t0mmy108/Reef%20Aquarium%20Pictures/

Comment

That should work Nick. Mine gets random flow via 2 Tunzes and it's half way down my tank. What's your bulb? AB 10k's will make your sps grow absolutely nuts. Might be the light bulb.

Comment

Working...
                              X