pods or red bugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pods or red bugs?

You prob wont be able to see much in this photo, but i have loads of little mite looking things over my rocks. The walk around they dont jump or swim like shrimps. Are they some sort of pod or are they red bugs? They dont seem to do any harm but before i go sps just want to check what you guys think. Thanks for any comments

Juppy

they are definately NOT red bugs...they dont crawl around on rocks like that.

pic is too blurry to tell
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Looks like flatworms to me.
      Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
      Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

cheers guys, def not flatworms though. Are tiny thats why the crap photo

Comment

Greetings All !

... loads of little mite looking things over my rocks ... def not flatworms though.
          I'm thinking copepods, isopods, or amphipods. If we're talking "little mite looking things", then we're probably talking about something from Phylum Arthropoda.

Dr. Shimek did a reasonably useful introductory DSB creatures Taxonomy key. Perhaps it could be useful to you.
          http://www.rshimek.com/Invertebrate%...jor%20Taxa.htm

HTH.
          "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

most likely pods
            Nick
            Nick
            180G SPS Mainly
            10 Bulb T5 Starfire
            Calcium Reactor
            3 Tunze 6105's