Zeospur2 and Macro Elements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeospur2 and Macro Elements?

Hello all. I do not currently use the Zeovit products. I did however order Zeospur2 and Macro Elements to try today. Has anyone else used these products without the other Zeovit products/system? Does anyone have any advice for me on these products? Is there anything I should "watch out for" when using them?

Wade, im sure others have ordered these products separately.. but we havent heard from anyone else who has tried them. Let us know how it works out for you.

Comment

Wade, the big impact will come from Spur2, unless your reef is very low in nutrients, ME will not be a factor in coloration. Now back to Spur2, initially dose less than the gideline recommendations as this is powerful in it's action on your corals's zoox. population, say about 60%. Try for lightening in color for up to 7 days after each dosing which will need adjustment in titration until this is achieved. The interval in dosing Spur2 is ~2wks., which allows time for the zoox. density to recover, while getting rid of old zoox replaced with new more active zoox, which also spurs growth. Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Bob I have a suggestion.

Everyone seems to ask the same questions over and over about the same zeo products and how to use them. This is of course great for the people asking the questions because you are a great source of information. However it must become somewhat annoying for you having to answer the same questions over and over agian.

What if you created sticky threads that people could go to that gave a detailed discription of how you suggest each zeo product should be used. This way you wouldn't have to write the same thing over and over agian, when someone asked a question about how to use zeospur2, Aminos, etc. you could just tell them to go to the appropriate sticky thread.

Just a suggestion.

-Brad Villeggiante
        You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Comment

Brad, actually, that's a topic Alexander, TeamZeo, & I have given some thought. That's possibly in the works, as a list of stock, frequently asked questions, with detailed concise answers, to cover various scenario's encountered in our reefs, along with discussion involving application of the various products in the ZEOvit line. My problem, as a solo family practicioner with a large patient load, is time. If this "stock informational answer sticky" becomes a reality, it must occur during the summer, when acute illnesses & the time commitment that these illnesses deserve, are lessened Bob

Comment

Thanks for the information Bob. I think that my tanks are fairly nutrient poor but it is really hard to say because everyone has a different opinion about what "nutrient poor" really is.

I plan on trying the full Zeovit system in the near future but before I do I want to experiment with some of the other products and see what effect they have in a non-zevit environment first. I will take some before and after pics and post them.

BTW- I did a search for macro elements before I made this post but could not find a single post with ME mentioned.

Comment

Hi Wade,there should be info on ME, in the ZEOvit guide. I'm not sure how far back our site's history will take us, but there's been some discussion about ME in the past here, if I'm not mistaken. If you have anymore questions on this supplement, plz. post up Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob. I just talked with Madison and I think that I am going to try the Amino Acids and the Zeospur2 instead of the ME. I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Well I will be getting my Zeospur2 this Thursday and I plan on dosing it over the weekend. I do have one quick question. I have recently started dosing Lugols iodine and an Iron supplement in hopes of adding some deeper colors to my corals. Can I keep using the iodine and iron when I start dosing Zeospur2? What about the Amino Acids? Can I use the AAs with iodine, iron and Zeospur2?

Comment

Yes you can still use them and I would be very careful with the iodine. Usually, a little goes a long way. Same thing with Iron too. If your not careful with it, you can feed unwanted algaes. But, other than that you can still use them. You may not be able to see what each element is doing individually though.

Comment

Bob, Madison,

The Zeospur2 calls for 1 ml per 25 gallons of water. I estimate my total volume at 180 to 200 gallons. So to be on the safe side I thought that I would dose 4 ml of Zeospur2 for the first time and then go from there. What do you think?

As far as the Amino Acids go I am going to dose 7 drops per day. Is that right?

Thanks again for all of your help!
                      Wade.

Comment

Your Amino Drops sound about right. If you notice a greenish film on your glass after a couple of days this means you are dosing too much amino. If this is the case you can back off 1 drop at a time until you notice the green film does not come back. Also if you start to notice a brownish cyano bacteria on your live rock with little tiny hairs on it this too means you are overdosing aminos, again back off 1 drop at a time until you notice this subsides.

Bob (Aged Salt) suggests starting your Zeospur2 doses at 60 percent of what the guides tell you to do. This for you would mean you would want to start dosing at around 4.3 ML for your first spur dose.

Comment

Thanks for helping me clarify that Brad. From everything I have read the Spur2 is very strong and I just want to double and triple check so that I do not make a mistake and cause problems in my tank.

Comment

As Brad has mentioned, I'd recommend starting Spur2 at 1ml./50g net--4ml should be safe but effective. Increase the total dose .5ml every two wks. until your corals stay light for 7 days. Your final dose should be between 4-6ml. I've found that daily AAHC to cause the side effects mentioned by Brad, but disappear on 2-3x's/wk dosing. Bob

Comment

Bob, do you think that dosing the AAHC 2-3 times a week is still effective? I have started to notice some of the overdosing symptoms recently in my tank and need to cut back myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X