Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zeo reactor help!!! Madison, you around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeo reactor help!!! Madison, you around?

I have a reactor with an inner acrylic sleeve and a grey pvc screen on the bottom. The screen has broken loose from the sleeve and was unable to stir the rocks. The media is out, the inner sleeve is under the output plumbing that is glued through the outer chamber. The sleeve will not come out without cutting/breaking off the inner pvc. One other option I see is to reglue the bottom to the sleeve in place. I have some weld-on 3. Would that work?

Any help is appreciated
    CAReefer

265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

I just sent you an email but in short, weld on 3 will not work. if you have a dremel you can grind away the overhang that is prohibiting the inner chamber from being removed. If you can do that, then I can send you a replacement inner sleeve on monday. If that's not an option I will send you a new reactor on monday or tuesday. I will just need the height requirements again (16"?).

Comment

I could probably grind/cut the inner portion away, it seems to be a 1" union on each side of the outer tube sandwiching a short piece of 1" pvc. It will be a couple days before I can get the chamber apart again, but I will let you know. I think cutting away the inner fitting will do the trick. I used a little crazy glue gel and the weld on and it seems to hold for now, but probably the first time i stir it will come apart again. Thanks for the help Madison, you are truly great to do business with.

CAReefer
      265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

Thanks for the compliment but I am sorry that there was even a problem. Like I mentioned in my email, you were the unfortunate one to get the first of this style reactor and didn't get to benefit from what I learned after making it. Instead, you have to suffer the consequences But, if this becomes a problem for you please don't hesitate to let me know and I will rush a new style of that model to you. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Comment

Working...
        X