auto refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto refresh

One of the things I like about my gmail account is that every minute or so, it will refresh and update my inbox if necessary. I think something like this would be pretty cool - that way I don't have to keep hitting the refresh button to see if any new responsed to threads have been posted.
    --Matt

if you subscricbe to a forum it will do that for you, it will send out a message everytime somebody posts .. Just click "Subscribe to this Forum" and your set

scott

Comment

is it an alert type window or an email or what? I am just being lazy and wanting this site to refresh automatically for me
      --Matt

Comment

Email

Comment

yeah I guess something like auto refresh isn't built into the board's framework
          --Matt

Comment

Auto refreshing is an HTML tag in the header, it doesn't need to be built into the framework.

I like the idea of a refresh over an email.

Comment

didn't know that - thanks Sean
              --Matt

Comment

Yeppers, whenever anyone adds to any forum it will send you an emil

Comment

Yeah, but I don't like managing my inbox.

Having the site refresh every minute or so would be great!

Comment

I find that the little menu/window (active threads) on the left side is very handy for this kind of thing. It shows the 4 or 5 most recent postings in any forum. it seems to update very oftern (when I click a new thread, hit the back button, after playing a video game etc

Comment

good point Madison - thanks!
                      --Matt

Comment

That works, it's a fix for the solution; but I'd still enjoy a refresh rate.

Comment

It's called "F5"

In all seriousness, I was on a site that updated every 30 secs, 1 min, 2 min (whatever you set it for). I think it was a real time sports site, or maybe it was a glitch to a live feed I was checking out, but the problem it created was that I would be reading something and then the page would just "refresh". It became really annoying very fast. Maybe I am missing your point but, think about reading a thread, with pics, details, really good info, then "bam" the page just refreshes. You have to find your spot, get back into the groove, then "bam" it does it again.

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of the main forum page for the auto refresh. Usually when I get to work, I log on and after reading the new threads, I go back to the main page and hit refresh every so often. Yes, I will admit it, I am being lazy!
                            --Matt

Comment

Madison, the refresh code doesn't have to be be on every page.

Just the initial forum pages. This way, if you're not reading anything but just sitting there, it'll refresh and keep you up to date on posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X