Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question for you all

What do you all think... REMEMBER PICK 2

With this you will get the following Features.

Larger PM box - 150 pm storage
    Free Email Forward [email protected]
    Bigger Avatar, from 80x80 to 115x115

These are just a couple of features we can give you all for supporting ZEOvit.com

Make note, any and all money that is paid, will go into a bank account for ZEOvit.com the money will go towards upgrading the server, getting new hacks, install fees if needed, making this site a place you can call HOME.
    Yes I like it a lot.
    37.50%
    $20/yr is fair
    37.50%
    Yes I like it
    0.00%
    $15/yr is fair
    2.50%
    Yeah its ok
    2.50%
    $10/yr is fair
    7.50%
    No hate it
    2.50%
    $free
    10.00%
    Last edited by scottw; 03-03-2005, 11:22 AM.

Scott while the added features don't do much for me, I would still definitely kick in $20 a year to call this place home (hell I call it home now anyways). Provided that the funds are used as you stipulated in your post.
    --Matt

Comment

Scott, at some point additional bandwidth will be necessary to run ZEOvit.com & I see no problem with a "premium membership" especially since I cancelled my RC, $25/yr. membership Bob
      Last edited by Aged Salt; 03-05-2005, 03:41 AM.
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Every time I purchase a ZEO product I support ZEOvit.com

Comment

Originally posted by skeletor
          Every time I purchase a ZEO product I support ZEOvit.com
          So you think Gary should have to pay for everything out of his pocket for the site?

Comment

Originally posted by scottw
            So you think Gary should have to pay for everything out of his pocket for the site?
            If that's that same pocket the profits from the sale of every ZEOvit product in the US go into then yeah.. but since there are now forums catering to other countries, perhaps the distributors in those contries could pony up a few euro, and maybe Thomas himself could kick in a few from the global zeovit sales pool.. This site is called ZEOvit.com after all, and people here are making a profit off the sales of ZEOvit products.

how much are the hosting costs for ZEOvit.com ? so we know how much we're talking about..Even if it's $200/month thats only $2400/year.. not bad considering how much it must have already generated in sales. There are already over 300 existing and potential customers registered on the site.

It's not an uncommon thing for companies these days to provide web services to support their client base, generate new sales, advertise new products, etc, etc, etc. (it's just part of the cost of doing business).

rich.

Comment

Hi all, forunately, this is just a information, gathering opinion ballon being placed in the air. Rich, your opinion is shared by some as is Scott's. I envision eventually, as ZEOvit. com grows & improvements are needed, that those who profit from ZEOvit sales will contribute as well, as well as a "premium membership" will have add-ons cookies, similar to RC's policy. Sponsorship will exist also. Bob
              "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
                Hi all, forunately, this is just a information, gathering opinion ballon being placed in the air. Rich, your opinion is shared by some as is Scott's. I envision eventually, as ZEOvit. com grows & improvements are needed, that those who profit from ZEOvit sales will contribute as well, as well as a "premium membership" will have add-ons cookies, similar to RC's policy. Sponsorship will exist also. Bob

I agree Bob

Comment

$20.00 a year for all this great information and help is nothing.

Colin
                  120 BB w/20g BB side tank, 29g sump, (2) 250w RO III, 14k AC, Bluewave VII ballast, Deltec 851, Panworld 150 return, (2) 6000 Streams w/controller, AC II Controller w/(2) DC4, GEO 618 CR.

If at first it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer - Beat to fit paint to match

Comment

free.

Dont forget about the poor aquarists! (DIY is cool)
                    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
                      free.

Dont forget about the poor aquarists! (DIY is cool)
                      To be honest, If I were poor, then I would spend my money on smarter things, A reef is not a smart thing if you are poor, I would put all money into an account or start and IRA or something more constructive

Comment

I'm willing to toss in some money sure, but I would hope the biggest portion come from those making money off the site.

All ZEOvit.com is besides a great community is a digital billboard used to sell products, it cost money to advertise.

Maybe something like, a premium membership gets you a 25% discount on products? That I'd do.

Comment

Its funny some people don’t mind chipping in to support a valuable resource and others will simply refuse to do so no matter what. My understanding is that this site is and most likely always will be a free site. If this is the case then if you want to support this site do so and if you don’t then don’t nobody is making anyone do anything. I mean no disrespect to anyone but you are only talking about $20 bucks or so a year. Can you afford not to. Besides they are only talking about this and not doing it. This isn’t directed at anyone its JMO.

Colin
                          120 BB w/20g BB side tank, 29g sump, (2) 250w RO III, 14k AC, Bluewave VII ballast, Deltec 851, Panworld 150 return, (2) 6000 Streams w/controller, AC II Controller w/(2) DC4, GEO 618 CR.

If at first it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer - Beat to fit paint to match

Comment

My own humble opinion is that the zeo dealers should not have to shoulder the running cost burden of the site on their own.
                            This is because while the seller gets some advertising, the consumer also gets huge benefit from the site, and should they desire to support financially, should be given the means to do so.
                            IMO the Reef Central model is very well designed. A small cost that any reefer can afford, with a few enhancements you get as a little bonus for chipping in financially.
                            But this site in a basic mode must remain free to all, as I am sure it will. For it not to remain free will almost definately kill the site, but I would fully support giving twenty bucks annually for this great resource, in fact I would feel bad NOT giving some small donation.

Comment

Thanks guys for your honest opinions. That is what we want to hear.

Sean, I also like your idea about the discount. That will be taken into consideration.

Comment

Working...
                              X