Skimmer water height question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skimmer water height question

I have had my Deltec skimmer now running for about 1 week and can not seem to keep the water level at the recomended height in the tank. I keep getting a up and down and a gurgling sound out of the skimmer return pipe to the sump wich I believe is causing the up and down rise of the water level inside the chamber.
    Is there anyway to solve this problem?
    Its a Deltec AP600. Running 1/2" pvc into and 3/4" pvc on return with one 90degree bend back into the sump. Should I try a 45degree instead?
    Thanks for any ideas. I could also post a picture if anyone would like to see for better visual. Let me know.

Scott

Originally posted by DH_Freak
    I have had my Deltec skimmer now running for about 1 week and can not seem to keep the water level at the recomended height in the tank. I keep getting a up and down and a gurgling sound out of the skimmer return pipe to the sump wich I believe is causing the up and down rise of the water level inside the chamber.
    Is there anyway to solve this problem?
    Its a Deltec AP600. Running 1/2" pvc into and 3/4" pvc on return with one 90degree bend back into the sump. Should I try a 45degree instead?
    Thanks for any ideas. I could also post a picture if anyone would like to see for better visual. Let me know.

Scott
    Send us a picture of whole skimmer and output pipe. Probably you put additional pipe on water exit side and this pipe is not correctly connected.
    This water exit pvc tube should end underwater. After 10-20mins time water exit will be stable and then you should turn water exit tube a little bit and rise/lower water/foam level in skimmer..

Comment

[/QUOTE]

How long is the return pipe back to sump?

You might like to replace the 90 deg elbow with a Tee instead.
      On my AP850 I enlarge the return piping from 1" to 1.25" and add a Tee (instead of elbow) and after the Tee the piping ends below water level in the sump.

I enlarge the piping as the return piping is abt 2ft long.

If I don't do the above then I get the same problem as you.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Here are some pics of the skimmer.
        Also does this look like its doing plenty of wet skimming?

Thanks again for the help.

Scott

Comment

Any Ideas?

Any other ideas as to how to keep this water level at the correct heigth?

Comment

Replace the 90 degree joint with a Tee joint and you should be ok.
            Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

When you say with a T what do I do with the one open end? Cap it or what?

Thanks again

Scott

Comment

When you say with a T what do I do with the one open end? Cap it or what?

Thanks again

Scott
                Leave it open.

Comment

Originally posted by losmandy
                  Leave it open.

Will this not make a splash than? Its still about 8" above the water level in the sump.

Just a bit confused.

Thanks

Comment

Will this not make a splash than? Its still about 8" above the water level in the sump.

Just a bit confused.

Thanks
                    Should be no issue at all from your photo.

Comment

I concure with losmandy's fix with the T. You are getting a syphoning action with the elbow that is causing the surge. The open top T will break the syphon.

Comment

Installed the T and all good to go

Thanks for helping me solve one of these many probs I have had!!

Scott G.

Comment

Working...
                        X