Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Question for Klaus

Klaus,
    First off thanks for your direct participation in this forum. I fear this may have been missed, so I'm asking you directly. Do Red Dragon pumps input heat to the system? Are they cooled by the water flow or are they predominantly air cooled? I try really hard to avoid a chiller (was successful this year, not last last year), and I am considering a red dragon to for a silent high flow option. BUT heat input issues are very important to me.
    Thanks in advance,
    Chuck Moon
    10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
    BK400ext
    RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
    MRC kalkmixer
    IKS

Dear Chuk Moon,
    next month, we starting for selling the first Red Dragon Pumps in USA. We find the pump performance and characteristics out at 110 volts/60 Hz this month. These talk Dragon pumps are the at the moment economic, quiet in Germany and low energy-consuption pumps. The water warming isn't provable up to the 12 m3 of pump. The temperature at use of the 12 m3 increases Red Dragon, by no 0.5 degrees, at 1000 liter aquaria. Many Reefers use the Red Dragon pumps. 3.500 Reefers running with Red Dragon´s. So i hope in the future a good start from this pumps. And it give no delivery-time for this pumps. it is on stock....

Comment

The downdraft is, the heater switches on more often in winter
      I'm really looking forward to the first summer with these almost-no-heat-input pumps!
      The Dutch forum
      My tank

Comment

klaus THAT is what I wanted to hear. Get those things adaptable to US plumbing and I'll be 3501 using one.
        10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
        BK400ext
        RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
        MRC kalkmixer
        IKS

Comment

all of us with the funny USA plug have 110 volts of engines at the store...

regards to US Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus Jansen
            all of us with the funny USA plug have 110 volts of engines at the store...

regards to US Klaus
            i thought the same thing when i saw the V110 plugs the first time, somehow funny looking, but i guess only germans would agree on that

Comment

Working...
            X