No announcement yet.

Need help with the Korallen-zucht skimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Is the salinity correct? 2. Is something extra added? 3. What may cause leaching of certain materials in the pipeline? 4. What was changed before this change occurred. 5. Use/borrow a good skimmer cross comparison. If the situation in the fifth point remains the same, then it should be possible to rule out the skimmer (original) problem, which may be caused by the inclusion of certain “substances” in the “water body”.

Comment

Hi ya,

I have never use one of these skimmer,

I assume that the hose to the nozzel is joined through the body ??

If so, this pic looks like a air leak.

Have you tried a new hose (no joint) to the nozzle.
      (maybe the joint inside the the skimmer, the water movement is unseating the hose)

Looking at the pic's and the vids,
      the pump is pumping water

I would remover the skimmer cup, and try a hose straight to the nozzle.

If that does not improve, i would look at the nozzle and or nozzle installation

Attached Files

Comment

Those pumps should make it for sure, I would rule them out.

I mussed that the nozzle does not have a connector for the silicone hose which can be clearly seen in the picture Nick has posted. How is the silicone hose connected with the nozzle ? Can you post a detailed picture ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Hello.
          Unfortunately, I can’t take a picture. The local Korallen-zucht dealer asked me to leave a skimmer for him so that in his free time he would look and try, if he could, to help.
          But I have already published all the necessary photos.
          The first adapter (photo number 4) passes through the silicone tube, then it goes through the tube to the second adapter, which is attached to the acrylic body (photo number 3), from it inside the skimmer the hose ends with an adapter (photo number 1), which is inserted into the camera where the water supply nozzle is inserted (photo number 2).

The salinity did not change. Salinity level has always been 1.025
          Now I decided to raise it to 1.0255. But there was a problem with the skimmer at both salinities.
          Additives only Korallen-zucht.
          Jackie, you're offering a cross-comparison. I did not understand what exactly, but now I have a Tunze skimmer 9410 DC, which foams like crazy on both wet skimming and dry skimming. And the KZ skimmer, I can only set it to dry, because when I close the damper to raise the water level, the skimmer stops foaming.

Comment

Working...
          X