Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with the Korallen-zucht skimmer

Hello.
    From the very beginning, my "Korallen-zucht Revolution S" skimmer gave me problems. In addition to the fact that I had to glue almost all the parts, I still had problems with foaming from time to time.
    I decided to try another skimmer. Put by Tunze 9410-DC. I liked it very much, but ... Although it is positioned as a skimmer for tanks up to 1200 liters, and for heavily loaded ones up to 300 liters (I have that much). Phosphates, which I did not have, went up and did not go down less than 0.03 even with wet skimming. I think that it is rather weak for the Zeovit system (Pump 1200 l / h versus 3000 for Korallen-zucht).
    I ordered a new skimmer nozzle on the Korallen-Zucht website. Installed and again "surprises", can't tune it to wet skimming.
    If I close the damper to raise the water level, the skimmer stops foaming (no bubbles). Opening the damper, i.e. lowering the water level, foam appears in the skimmer.
    The water level in the sump was according to the recommendation of 25 cm. I thought that, like in other skimmers, raising the water level in the sump will raise the water level in the skimmer.
    Raised it to the level of 30 cm and nothing happened.
    On the contrary, it is worth lowering the water level in the sump?
    Can someone advise on what can be done? Feeling that the skimmer is not trapping enough air. Clogging is excluded, because I cleaned and rinsed it thoroughly before installing.
    Thank you in advance
    Nick

Hello Nick, I was using the same skimmer on my first ZeoVit system without any issues, skimming wet and adjusting the air / foam level was not a issue so what you observe is not normal.

Can you please share a picture of the skimmer, also a short video would be helpful ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Hello.
      I made a video as you asked but was unable to upload the forum as there is a 15MB limitation. While I was looking for converters on video to reduce its size, my friend gave me an idea and it worked.
      I drilled a hole in the Aquabee pump inlet tubing into the skimmer inlet and glued the usual plastic tubing that is used in fresh aquarium air pumps.
      And it worked right away. I have suffered with this problem for many years.
      The question is, why does the original design of air intake work poorly?
      One can suspect that the tube is clogged with something, but I don’t think so, because I blow it from above and the air enters freely and the skimmer foams.
      Thank you

Comment

Do you have a chance to upload the video to youtube for example and post a link ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Hello.

Today I disassembled the skimmer and checked it again.
          There is nothing clogged in the air tube.
          The water level was 27 cm. Lowered to the level of 20 cm, no effect. I checked 30 cm earlier.
          Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Here is a video of dry and wet skimming, as you asked.

https://youtu.be/HhUL0cItAgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eno2c6yZdFI

Comment

The second video says that the link is incorrect, although it opens for me. What is the reason?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eno2c6yZdFI

Comment

The video is indeed helpful, I just can tell you there is to less air in the skimmer body. Reason can be blocked air hose or connectors of the air hose or connector or a issue with the air nozzle. As you already have replaced the air nozzle I would rule it out.

Have you you already tried to use a new hose connected just at the bottom of the skimmer at the air hose connector to rule out a blocked hose or a blocking in the upper air connector ?

Which pump do you use for the skimmer ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
              X