deltec ap 600 can handle 125 tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deltec ap 600 can handle 125 tank

I'm currently using an aquac ev 180 i'm tempted to buy a deltec ap 600 the ev180 is a nice skimmer but i would like to use a recirculating skimmer i need your recomendation as to buy the new skimmer my budget is $600.

Thanks
    Efrain
    Last edited by EFRAIN TORRES; 01-12-2006, 02:32 PM.

If that is your max budget and your not planning on upgrading then go with that skimmer. If you plan to upgrade later in the year then I'd sugest that you save more money and get either an APF600 or the next model up from that.

HTH

Comment

ap 600 i have on my 58 gal tank

Comment

I would go for the APF600 instead. Always wise to have a bit of a buffer when considering such equipments.
        Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Even the APF 600 is kind of small on a 125gal IMO. With a $600 budget you will get the best skimming from a beckett skimmer. Look at Barr Aquatics skimmers designs.
          Regards,
          Richard

Comment

The APF600 would be plenty for your tank, its rated up to 200 gallons heavy bioload according to doug from deltec. Many of the APF600 users I seen at the deltec forum are happy with there skimmers and have them on bigger tanks than a 120 gallons and the gunk it pulls is simply amazing. I think I will be upgrading mine from the deltec mce600 hang on to the apf600 as soon as the income tax check comes in.

Comment

for the price for apf600 i prefer ap 701

Comment

I would say a APf600 is on its limits on a 125g tank. I had a MCE600 on a 60 gallon tank and i thought it was a waste of space, i swapped it for a Deltec AP851 and it pulled out around 10 times as much.If the MCE600 is rated for over 100 gallons how come the 851 pulls so much more out?
                john.

Comment

I would politely disagree about the APF600 being at the end of it's limit on a 125g tank. I am running that exact skimmer on a 180g tank with total volume of about 300g. Just my opinion of course, but this skimmer keeps my tank pretty clean and pulls a tun of stuff. I dump my cup about every other day when I am not being anal and cleaning once a day. I am sure there are other people with other brands that they love, I just don't think that a 125 is the max for this skimmer...

Comment

I dunno the price points, but I THINK that the APF600 runs over $800. And IMO I do NOT think the AP600 will be big enough. If $600 is your limit, why don't you look at the this one. Same pump for almost $200 less. The zeovit.com (edit) DTOTQ uses it, there are some pix on that thread.

http://www.finsreef.com/product.php?...age=1&featured

Comment

hs skimmer look cheper i know the hs is nice skimmer but i prefer deltec i very confused because 3 person say buy a ap 600 the oder person buy apf 600 and the rest aquabee is a bat pump only buy deltec with elhein pump

Comment

person that used ap 600 in 125 tank i nedd fedback

Comment

If these skimmers are all that, I would love to see your tank. and what skimmer you are useing.

Comment

Well he's using right now an Aqua-C EV 180 and it works really good but efrain is on the look out for a recirculating skimmer and much better quality i will soon be posting some pictures of his tank the reason that i know is because he's my friend and i live close to him.

Nestor

Comment

Thats cool and all, but every one say there skimmer is the best. the proof is in the tank! not that Im biting any one.

Comment

Working...
                              X