Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Deltc APH-525 Protein Skimmer

I'm looking at buying this skimmer,Deltec APH-525 for $500
    I know they're great skimmers.I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this model....Thank you

I'm takin the plunge.Wife my kill me but what the heck :axe:

Comment

well, picking a new skimmer is always a hot topic, i am usally not responding to it anymore for exactly that reason, but anyways
      Deltec is not bad, the only thing i dont like, as far i know, the APH 525 come with a aquabee, i am not a big fan of those pumps, did you check out GroTech 150 / Eheim 1250 /28w ?
      here is a link to a test from a grotech / ATK / BK, the grotech is no BK, but still did a good job, skimmer test
      GroTech HEA 150

IMO for $599 the grotech did a good job, and is powerd with one of my favorit pumps Eheim 1250

Comment

If my experience with the Deltec Ap902 is anything to go by, You will not regret the decision to get the Deltec. The tuning is very very simple and wont take weeks/months! 3 days top! Cleaning the Collection Cup is a breeze too. Twist and off it comes. way cool compared to the beckett I own previously.
        Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Heinz, I had/have a grotech HEA150 for my office tank. I am not impressed. Build quality good. Nifty cup/body attachment. bubbles really big, skimmate really watery, not much volume. really pretty dissapointing.
          10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
          BK400ext
          RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
          MRC kalkmixer
          IKS

Comment

Thank you all for the replies I really appreciate it.Well I did it,It's on the way to my house.I can't wait
            Last edited by CosmoKramer; 02-08-2005, 08:49 AM.

Comment

It'll be here tomorow...woohooo

Comment

Congrats Bro! Post pics as soon as you get it!
                Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Working...
                X