Bubble King Plumbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubble King Plumbing

Just a couple questions before I start hard plumbing ....

1) What is the size of the red PVC and will I need a converter if it's in mm?

2) The small red PVC piece that goes into the telescopic grey PVC "T" is really loose. Much looser than the red PVC into the grey 90's that are provided. Should this be PVC glued in? I'm afraid water will leak from there, but I'm hesitant to glue the red PVC into the telescopic "T". Can that "T" be replaced?

3) I am going to feed the skimmer with my overflow water. What is the best way to do this? There is a silicone (?) tube hose clamped onto the water inlet of the RD. What is the ID size of the tubing so I can get the appropriate sized barb (and remaining plumbing).

My skimmer will sit next to my sump and the return lines on the skimmer are below the top of the sump. But above the water line of course. So I'm going to have to drill the sump and install bulkheads so the water can pass through the acrylic without me having to elevate the skimmer - which is impossible due to height restrictions.

Any advice?

you got pm

Comment

Big thanks to Madison for the time. For the record, here is what I learned (in case folks search for the same info) -

- The silicon tubing on the INPUT of the RD pump will easily accept 1" PVC tubing.

- The red tubing on the outputs is 50mm, which of course is a bummer. I would recommend to BK in the future to include adapters. They are probably dirt cheap for them to include and would help some folks. Especially when spending $2K+ on these skimmers. I believe other German skimmers include this piece (I have 3 German skimmers that all included the piece).

The 50mm is going to make things difficult. I either have to find adapters or preferably 50mm bulkheads.

- The "T" coming out of the telescopic pole will need to be cemented permanantly.

Another thing that came from the conversation was confirmation that this RD will probably pull more than 2,000LPH. Just like the Eheim 1262 pulls ~600 in Europe and ~850-900 in America - the RD pulls more also.

Madison - I did want to confirm one more thing before the phone died - if the RD is turned off, water will still pass thru the skimmer just like normal, right?

Thanks again, after nbd's pix I can't wait!

Comment

you will be happy with it trust me.

Nick
        275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

David, I don't see any reason why water wouldn't still flow through, but in all honesty, i've never checked it. Most of my hands on experience with the BK's has been internal models. But again, I don't think turning the pump off will be a problem for you.

Comment

@Miguelito,
            can you give me the exact size, for connecting Europe 50mm to US-diameter ? It is not a problem for turning up the 50mm outless-pipes to US-Standart. I can not found in the web, the diameter in mm for US-pipes and connecting.

best regards... Klaus

Comment

Klaus, honestly it'd be best if you got Gary or someone to send you "typical" US pipe fittings b/c it's in "inches" so the precise size is gonna be "funny" relative to metric sizing. If you got the typical fittings then you could make adapters easy.
              10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
              BK400ext
              RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
              MRC kalkmixer
              IKS

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus Jansen
                @Miguelito,
                can you give me the exact size, for connecting Europe 50mm to US-diameter ? It is not a problem for turning up the 50mm outless-pipes to US-Standart. I can not found in the web, the diameter in mm for US-pipes and connecting.

best regards... Klaus
                PVC Pipe in US dimensions.........
                Attached Files

Comment

@moonpood

thats correct... i renember... so i found the pices and looking for the size.

Here are US-unions....

and this is the correct size 1,5 ´´ in Europe-mm = 48,47mm

so in future, we turned the end of Red-PVC-outless pipes all in 48,50 mm for connecting to US-diameter..

@drhawke..
                  thanks for the link...

best regards... Klaus

Comment

klaus, you always have the cool toys.

Comment

edward,
                      klaus is professional guy....u can tell by quality of his product....he needs those toy"s..))

mike

Comment

That is great, thanks Klaus. I'm going to have to improvise, tomorrow I'm going to pick up some 1.5" bulkheads. I "think" if I sand down the insides of the bulkheads the red PVC will fit in.

I would love it if I could get two 50mm to 1.5" adapters sent to me, I'll pay for them of course, please let me know if this is possible.

Better yet, could I get two 50mm bulkheads sent to me? That would be best in my situation. It will look really, really cool if I could get two 50mm bulkheads and use the red PVC on both sides of my sump. It would look sweet.

I know you're busy at MACNA but let me know when you get a chance, thanks.

Comment

Not that this does you anygood now David but we should have had Alexander bring some since he's in the US right now, Dang!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mshur
                            edward,
                            klaus is professional guy....u can tell by quality of his product....he needs those toy"s..))

mike
                            Mike, thats what makes me feel good about what I bought.

Comment

Originally posted by OUinLA
                              Not that this does you anygood now David but we should have had Alexander bring some since he's in the US right now, Dang!!!
                              Yeah, bummer on the timing! I emailed Brian also - I'd love to pick up a couple 50mm bulkheads. That would work much better in my application. They don't have to be heavy duty (equiv of Sked 80). It would look really cool to have the red PVC go thru my sump wall.

Comment

Working...
                              X