X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote from UPS guy.... (BK)

UPS guy: "You've got a monster back here."
    Me: "Yeah, it's an aquarium filter"
    UPS guy: laughing "yeah, right. Let me get the dolly and help you get it inside".

You know it's a big skimmer when you literally struggle picking it up.

Chuck, too bad you're out of town. This BK 400 ext is looking for it's owner You lucky lucky dog!!!

HOLY COW THAT IS A BEAUTY!!!! Good story too!!!

Mine should be here soon too! I love the size of that thing! How heavy is it? Does it say on the box?

Comment

edward,
      mine came with two boxes..what model did u order?)

mike

Comment

Edward, I don't know how much it weighs. The shipping label is underneath the box and it is full of peanuts still so I can't turn it over. I will say that when I pick the skimmer up by itsself, I have a hard time. I'm 6'0" about 195, and fairly strong and this thing gave me a workout. I have an empty 40 gallon tank in the same room as the BK and i'd say that the BK holds at least that much water, maybe 5-10 gallons more, counting collection cup.

Comment

Originally posted by mshur
          edward,
          mine came with two boxes..what model did u order?)

mike
          only a 400 ext. Why did yours have two box's?

Comment

Originally posted by OUinLA
            Edward, I don't know how much it weighs. The shipping label is underneath the box and it is full of peanuts still so I can't turn it over. I will say that when I pick the skimmer up by itsself, I have a hard time. I'm 6'0" about 195, and fairly strong and this thing gave me a workout. I have an empty 40 gallon tank in the same room as the BK and i'd say that the BK holds at least that much water, maybe 5-10 gallons more.
            WOW! Talk about a stiffy!! In other words.. once I get the big tank (and I was thinking of going bigger), I still have to add 50 more gallons to the total volume? jeezuz!

Post more pics if you have any.

Comment

400....wow...nice!!!!

well,i dont know..that how klaus send it.
              main body was in separate box,rd pump and pipes came in other box))
              i still have a box,that came from germany)

collection cup is huge,make sure klaus add extra valve for drain purpose

Comment

I don't really have more pics, tell me what you want, and i'll try and get more. I really just opened it up because i wanted to make sure there was no damage. The box looked kind of beat up and I just wanted to make sure. Plus, there is no way I could leave a BK 400 in a box and not look at it

Comment

So far, all US BK's are coming with a collection cup drain.

Comment

I don't really have more pics, tell me what you want, and i'll try and get more. I really just opened it up because i wanted to make sure there was no damage. The box looked kind of beat up and I just wanted to make sure. Plus, there is no way I could leave a BK 400 in a box and not look at it

HAHAH! Dont worry, i wouldnt of been able to resist too! I mean.. you are the seller and you have to know what you're selling right??

Dont worry about the pics. I will just wait it out.

Comment

Man, I can't quit looking at this thing and I have a ton of stuff to do today, lol. All I can say is you cannot prepare yourself for this thing. No matter how many times you look at the dimensionis on paper, it gives you no idea of what it really looks like. I am truly amazed!!!

Comment

I'm 6'0" about 195, and fairly strong
                        fairly being the key word there, and 195? now add the top 1/4 to that lol.. Damn union guys hehe.. j/k madison, call me in about 45 mins.

scott

Comment

Mike, that brings up another good point.. where do you drain your collection cup? to another cylinder?

Comment

Originally posted by invincible569
                            Mike, that brings up another good point.. where do you drain your collection cup? to another cylinder?
                            I let mine fill up then I put a small bucket under it, and drain it out, close off the ball valve that looks like it cost $100, that thing is slick! then dump the bucket

Comment

Just checked the shipping label.....65lbs!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X