Skimmer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skimmer question

Hi, i have a Oceanic Model 6 protein skimmer that i am running on my 125...anyhow it has this "grate" thing that looks like egg crate....(that white stuff) and i am wondering if i should take it out...mabe it is affecting bubble size...making the bubbles larger? i dont see what positive stuff it is doing, besides mabe making the bubbles larger which is bad...

thx, adam
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Maybe it's calming the turbulence in the chamber?

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Comment

Maybe it's actually making the bubbles smaller. I don't see how it would make them larger..maybe that's my silly college education getting in the way, but logically I'd see it possibly there to prevent large bubbles. Kinda like the BK has that grate at the bottom. I think it's along those same lines.

Comment

let me attempt to find a picture of one on the net...
          Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

I think the main purpose of the plate in a BK is to stabilised and reduce the turbulence of the foam being generated rite?
            Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

random info i found on the web:

OCEANIC Model 6 $ 299.99

ahh nm i cant find any pics on the internet of this skimmer

Comment

The price doesn't say much about a skimmer. You can pay a lot of money for nothing. Take a picture and post it.

Here's an RC thread all about them.
                http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...ceanic+skimmer

Comment

Hi Adam, to keep it's efficiently, from time to time, remove it from your system & run it in a bucket/waste-container with hot water/vinegar to clean the venturi. Bob
                  "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

yeah i am gonna do that bob... although when i blow through the tube that goes to the venturi i can easily blow air through it...i dont feel there are any blockages but i might as well run it in vinegar or how water to be sure...

Comment

Does any one know how well the bermuda skimmer the 5c works anyone have one thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X