No announcement yet.

Please post your pics of your BK 250 Ext.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Please post your pics of your BK 250 Ext.

    Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum! I recently just received my Bubble King 250 External. What a work of art!

    For the people who already have this skimmer, can you please post pictures of how you have connected the external skimmer to your sump? I just want to make sure I connect it correctly.

    I guess I am a little confused with the intake of the Red Dragon pump that is pointed upwards. This means I have to use a 90 degree elbow to connect it to my sump which will cause head loss.

    Another thing I found a little odd too was that the skimmer came without instructions. It is pretty intuitive to put together and there are instructions all over the parts, but I guess I like diagrams and formal instructions.

    Thanks in advance,

    Last edited by WayneL333; 07-29-2005, 11:52 PM.

  • #2
    Welcome Wayne!!!

    We have not made instructions yet as we just started importing these skimmers very recently. If you have any questions feel free to email me at anytime.

    What pump were you thinking about using to feed the skimmer? You don't need too much flow through it so I wouldn't be worried about the headloss factor.


    • #3
      Thanks OUinLA. I guess my question is to your question is what pump do you recommend as the feed pump? Do you recommend it to be soft or hard plumbed to the Red Dragon?

      I was thinking of just hard plumbing it through a bulk head in my sump because it looks neater.


      • #4
        I would probably use an Eheim 1260 with a ball valve to turn down the flow a little. You probably want around 400 gph (i'll find the exact number for you) through the skimmer. Eheims are great because they are reliable, low energy consumption and very quiet. They can also be ran internal or external. but, if you have a mag 5 lying around that will work fine too.

        As for plumbing, it's up to you. if you want the "neat" look then go for the hard plumbing through the bulkhead. There should be some flex tubing at the input to the RD so you will have to convert at that point with a simple fitting from your hardware store.