Bubble King 300 External & New 450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubble King 300 External & New 450

OK, I know how much we all love pictures so here are a few to start.
    We have been planning the new tank basically since Hurrican Charley swept through last October. The tank finally arrived to our shop today and the BK 300 arrived last week.
    The tank is an Oceanic 450. 84x42x31 It will be viewable from 3 sides. We dont have the stand yet but should soon.

Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
    Leonardo da Vinci

NICE DUSTIN!! I didnt know you were getting a tank size similiar the one I have been looking into! Nice to see something very similiar. Im trying to get an idea of how big it looks... do you have something we can all familiarize ourselves with that you can place next to it. I cant make out the size of it just yet.

One other question... how do you plan to get the tank to your house? I need some tips

Comment

OMG! Awesome start man! That is kick azz! Would you mind saying what that tank set you back, and some details? Is it their special "monti" glass? I asked for a quote for a 50x40x24 tank from them with starphire. They quoted me 10k hahah.

Comment

Very nice, Dustin. Now hopefully your's won't take as long as mine until there is water in it....
        Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

Thanks guys! While this is not my personal tank it will be our new display tank in our Ft. Myers shop. Unfortunately it is not Starfire glass. Although Oceanic calls it something different. IIRC it is about $6500.00 retail.
          I am although building a house and will do something similar in size. 72x48x31 I am going acrylic for clarity. I just dont think I can swing the extra cost for Starfire.

We took the tank off the truck with a forklift. Sat it down on the ground and turned it on its side to go through the door.

Some more pics soon.
          Last edited by Aquatic Image; 06-13-2005, 11:35 PM.
          Dustin

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

NICE....
            10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
            BK400ext
            RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
            MRC kalkmixer
            IKS

Comment

Here are a few more pics. None of them really show a comparison as to how big the tank is. I will get more soon though.

Dustin

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by Dustin_Y
                Unfortunately it is not Starfire glass. Although Oceanic calls it something different.
                They call it "Monti" glass, its 3/4 and they get it from Europe.

Comment

Having you and the forklift next to the tank makes me realize how BIG that tank is! Please keep taking more. Cant wait to see! Any special plans for that tank?

Comment

Not really anything special I guess. Just your typical reef setup. SPS/LPS is the plan.
                    We have 2 Tunze 6200's and a Wavebox to go in there. There should be 2 Waveboxes but we will try with one first. Lighting will be provided by 3 6' Aquamedic Fixtures. Each housing 3 250w DE's and 2 150w DE's. A custom sump, and all the bells and whistles we can put on there.
                    We are hoping to have the stand within the next month or so.
                    There are 2 overflow boxes on the back wall of the tank each having 2, 1 1/2" drains and 1 1" return.
                    Dustin

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Wow Wish a tank that size would even fit in my place

If im ever up in that area I need to swing by you shop to see that
                      Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Here are a few more pics. None of them really show a comparison as to how big the tank is. I will get more soon though.

Is that your goofy butt?

Comment

That's me Kinda funny lookin' ehh. :
                          Dustin

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Hey Dustin, you have reason to be smiling, those toys are very nice, thnx. Bob
                            "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

That's me Kinda funny lookin' ehh. :
                              Just need to get out in the sun my man, you live in FL hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X