about BK SPEC in 125 gallen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about BK SPEC in 125 gallen

BK is my dream skimmer... I can not afford to buy it right now. but I wanna have
    it someday...

I wanna know which is the proper SPEC in 125 gal SPS tank...

200 or 250? (Of course bigger is better though....)

www.spsholic.com

In my opinion, if you want to keep fish and corals, go for the 250, if you have the room......

Hopefully they will have te delivery issues worked out when you are ready, I know Gary is working hard to get it corrected............
    IF IT IS WORTH DOING, TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT..........

Comment

Thanks..you mean 200 model is not recommanded..right?
      On average, If I ordered the BK, How long does it take that I should wait for it?

www.spsholic.com

Comment

well i know John has been waiting for 5-6 months, but i know Gary and Madison are working hard to change that. we will soon see!

Nick
        275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Thanks...

Wow..BK is so popular..

www.spsholic.com

Comment

yes it is getting more popular, hopefully they will have this worked whole delivery thing in time!

Nick
            275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

One more question...

BK external model is using recirculating pump with needle wheel and internal model is just with
              needle wheel? so external model need feeding pump, internal not need it. correct?

or both are using recirculating pump with needlewheel?

www.spsholic.com

Comment

well if you look at the price range from 200 to 300..they are not much big different..
                so go for the biggest... BK 300 and you need not bother about upgrading the skimmer next time if you want to overload your tank with fish and coral..
                ---------------------------
                180g 3 side Low Iron Glass, Lighting: ATI Power Module 10 x 80W KZ Coral Light (awiting for to mix with fiji purple), Return Pump: Red Dragon 12m3, Tunze WaveMaker:1x 6200, 3 x 6100 and 1 x 6060 + Multicontroller 7095, Bubble King 300 Internal, Deltec - PF 601S, Arctica Chiller 1/2HP, I~Zeo Reactor IZ-618

BK 300 in actionhttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...IDEO_00003.flv

Comment

yeah you are right. they are not much different.
                  I am considering the 250 model.
                  but 300 model is too big to put in sump and has electricity cost issues.
                  I have no plan to bigger tank better than 200(I think over 150gal tank is burden in
                  our country. if it is not rich person.. )

Thanks Keigo.

www.spsholic.com

Comment

Originally posted by 7thheaven
                    yeah you are right. they are not much different.
                    I am considering the 250 model.
                    but 300 model is too big to put in sump and has electricity cost issues.
                    I have no plan to bigger tank better than 200(I think over 150gal tank is burden in
                    our country. if it is not rich person.. )

Thanks Keigo.
                    but the electricity different from 250 to 300 Bk pump are not much different also..

currently I'm running the BK 300 internal in my 187gal also...
                    anyway do remember to ask for the additional purchase of drain fitting for the collection cup.. trust me you wont regrette asking for that.. Cause a half to fully filll BK collection cup is no joke, it's very heavy and you will have a hard time carrying it...
                    180g 3 side Low Iron Glass, Lighting: ATI Power Module 10 x 80W KZ Coral Light (awiting for to mix with fiji purple), Return Pump: Red Dragon 12m3, Tunze WaveMaker:1x 6200, 3 x 6100 and 1 x 6060 + Multicontroller 7095, Bubble King 300 Internal, Deltec - PF 601S, Arctica Chiller 1/2HP, I~Zeo Reactor IZ-618

Comment

Thanks..

keigo..
                      Internal model needs feeding pump?

www.spsholic.com

Comment

Originally posted by 7thheaven
                        Thanks..

keigo..
                        Internal model needs feeding pump?
                        no only external require feeding pump...

Comment

Hmm...Thanks..

I heard the using recirculating pump is more efficient than Not.
                          That means external model is more efficient than internal?

www.spsholic.com

Comment

well that's I heard of too..
                            because of the external you can have recirculation and increase in dwell time..
                            but if you over rated your internal skimmer, you should have the same efficient compare to external..

and if your sump setup is correctly and you have recirculation within the pool of water where the skimmer sit... it should help in the dwell time also..

so far I have seem my skimmer from black to light brown to sometime it dont seem to be skimming anything..

Comment

Can someone explain in lay terms why recirculating skimmers are more efficient?

If you think about it, water that is being recirculated through the skimmer should have less organics than water being pumped in from the tank. If a skimmer can only removed some fixed percentage of waste from water for each pass, then it would seem that pumping in fresh, higher organic content water would be more efficient. After all, isn't the end game supposed to be total organics removed?

Let me put some numbers around what I am trying to say... let's say that the skimmer efficiency is 50% organics removed per pass. Let's say that a tank has 4 grams of orgnaics per gallon. The first time you pass the gallon of water through the skimmer, the skimmer will remove 2 grams of organics. If you recirulate that same gallon of water, the second time it passes through, the skimmer will remove 1 gram of organics....

Whereas, if you take the same skimmer and instead of recirculating the water, by the time two gallons of water are processed, a total of 4 grams of organcis will be removed.

I realize that there are some things not considered in my "analysis" including the fact that only a portion of the gallon of water get's recirculated as a small amount of fresh water will be pumped in. But I think the point still holds true.

Adobo

Comment

Working...
                              X