Euro-reef ES5-3 still high end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro-reef ES5-3 still high end?

I haven't heard anyone saying that Euro-reef is a high-end skimmer anymore, is it still high-end or are there better ones now?
    Also, the foam part were the water comes out of the skimmer, I know that it's able to be raised or lowered. How will it affect this skimmer's proformance by moving the foam section?
    Thanks,
    Vinny

JMO, ER is a mid level skimmer IMO.

There's the budget and junky stuff--some of this stuff "works", but in general for like 50% more, you get a much better unit.

Then stuff that works and costs a bit more--ER, ASM, Becketts, etc...

Then stuff that is very pricey, but in general very, very "tight". Deltec, H&S, Grotech, etc...

Finally there's the stratosphere price wise, and really sort of "boutique"--BK
    10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
    BK400ext
    RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
    MRC kalkmixer
    IKS

Comment

the es5-3 model is an entry level mid price range skimmer and by no means high end, i have one i should know.

in regards to moving the foam part, raises it raises the water level in the chamber running the reactor "wetter" and lowered the foam tube will lower the water level in the chamber.
      Nam

Comment

I would give my Euro-reef 1 more year before I start saving for the BK. :afro:
        Most likely, since I am only 16, getting something at advanced and pricy may end up costing me an arm and a leg! :chainsaw:

Comment

Originally posted by ReefRockerLive
          getting something at advanced and pricy may end up costing me an arm and a leg! :chainsaw:
          Some are auctioning off a kidney on EBay Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Working...
          X