Serious...Stupid question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious...Stupid question..

Is a beckett rated at 150g with about 700gph flow, overkill for a 12g nano?

I have the nano and I have the skimmer, just wondering if I could work them together. I'd rather not get a new skimmer just for the nano..

I'm speechless in California.

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Comment

well, i guess we will soon know if there is such a thing as "overskimming"

Comment

too funny

Comment

I'd say go for it. Worst case scenario, you can always hook up the skimmer to a timer and run it only part of the day. It would be interesting to see what would happen...
            Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

"Wet Floor!"
              ....Karnak the Magnificent

SteveU
              “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
              ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

I mean the skimmer holds about 12 gallons of water so it'd double the water!

Just not sure how I would feed it...

I'll figure it all out

Comment

How would you setup the return? It's a 1.5'' return from the skimmer, thats HUGE for a JBJ nano.

Maybe I could drill it, but that's not what I really want to be doing

Comment

The incoming water is going to blow a hole in the other side.
                    SteveU
                    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

ssh!

I don't know if it would blow a hole in the other side....but maybe. The thing is theres a "sump" area in the back of the JBJ nano, I was thinking the return water could go in there, as to not disturb the main tank too much..

Comment

trade you my remora for it.
                        --Matt

Comment

That doesn't seem like the best deal in my interest :xmas:

Comment

just thought I would offer...
                            --Matt

Comment

Sean, let us know how it works. I've used skimmers that are more oversized for my tank than what you are talking about and the results were negative. It would start to skim but that was all it would do. Then, I could put a skimmer that is literally 8 times smaller and it would skim perfectly. The problem is there is hardly any contact time in the reaction chamber. I don't know where the "cut off" is but I put a skimmer that is rated for 1000g on a 24g and it won't skim. I put a skimmer rated for up to 150 and it skims fine. I put the big skimmer on a big tank, it skims. hth

Comment

Working...
                              X