3 hour start and 3 hour stop with Zeovit magnetic reactor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 hour start and 3 hour stop with Zeovit magnetic reactor

hi i understand when in the initial stage of using zeovit it is best to 3 hour start and 3 hour stop with Zeovit magnetic reactor. but how do you ensure the stones are covered under water with the reactor when the pump is off ?

all the water will come out from the reactor .

What I think of is to increase the volume of water so that it can be avoided. But once it is increased, other issues need to be considered. The second is that the size of the "container" of the zeolite reactor itself may be modified (thin-high, wide-low). Under normal conditions, when the motor stops, all the water will not overflow from the reactor. Take myself as an example. When the motor stops, the zeolite material still remains in the water. This may be related to the design (sump, or the reactor itself).

Comment

i am using this reactor :

Comment

jacky are you using the same reactor ?

Comment

The picture looks like it. I use ZeoVit reactor.

Basically, when the total amount of zeolite material used is put into the cylinder, the material should basically be immersed in water instead of partially exposed to the air, otherwise the sump design is not good, or the amount of water is increased to cover the material

The 3hr on and off mode has nothing to do with the immersion of the material or exposure to the air. It is only the on and off of the motor. What changes is the water level. Just like the two reasons I mentioned, you can try to increase the amount of water. However, as I said, at the beginning, the zeolite material should usually be completely immersed in water.

Comment

The water level of the sump needs to be higher than the ZeoVit in the reactor. If the pump is switched off the water level in the reactor will decrease to the water level in the sump. The water will be release through the pump. A ball valve between the pump and the reactor might help but I never used such a combination. If you do not have a chance to increase the water level you can alternatively use a reduced flow for the reactor for the first couple of weeks, 30 – 50% should work well, you ca increase the flow slowly step by step. The interval is just recommended for systems containing corals already which should be converted to ZeoVit.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
              The water level of the sump needs to be higher than the ZeoVit in the reactor. If the pump is switched off the water level in the reactor will decrease to the water level in the sump. The water will be release through the pump. A ball valve between the pump and the reactor might help but I never used such a combination. If you do not have a chance to increase the water level you can alternatively use a reduced flow for the reactor for the first couple of weeks, 30 – 50% should work well, you ca increase the flow slowly step by step. The interval is just recommended for systems containing corals already which should be converted to ZeoVit.

G.Alexander
              got it

Comment

Working...
              X