X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Ca Reactor Drawing

Found this here...
    http://www.reef-guardian.com/gallerie-cat-12204.html

Maybe this is based on a commercial model but it's unlike any I've seen.

SteveU
    Attached Files
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Originally posted by GTR
    Found this here...
    http://www.reef-guardian.com/gallerie-cat-12204.html

Maybe this is based on a commercial model but it's unlike any I've seen.

SteveU

The reactor is a Deltec, my old one looked exactly like that

But the other stuff I have not seen before.. Looks very nice

Comment

I'm not using the mg in my reactor but I wonder if there would be much disolving by the time it hit the second chamber as that drawing shows.
      I also like the de-gassing chamber but not enough to buy one and run an air pump to feed it.

SteveU
      “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
      ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Wow!! I love the design outcome! More ideas, more $$!

hmmmm... I only thought this would be good for a Sulfur Reactor, but seeing this I guess you can use the design anywhere. A little more organized and would definitely keep C02 down before it enters your AQ.

Comment

One problem I see to this design is the restriction of flow through 1/4" tubing. You will have a stronger chance of clogging and consistent flow.

On the last reactor (degassing), the top "Sortie d'air" may cause problems. When you start to fill up a reactor like this and having the 1/4 line out from the side may not work. The water may run up to the very top and spill out instead. It needs to be fully enclosed to create a siphon effect.

Comment

The degassing chamber is a good idea!
            400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

What I do for degassing is just to drip the effluent into the area where the skimmer feed pump sits. I am sure the skimmer is more than up to par for degassing purposes.
              Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Originally posted by fkadir
                What I do for degassing is just to drip the effluent into the area where the skimmer feed pump sits. I am sure the skimmer is more than up to par for degassing purposes.
                Thats definitely a good idea.. but you know how we are.. we like to engineer new things and have the best equipment.

Comment

Im running a similiar setup now. I've incorporated another chamber for degassing and have been running it for a few days now.

Comment

Edward... Pics if you can showing how you made the degasser... please.

I wonder how well the mg will desolve being in the 2nd chamber? I don't use it now at all but I thought it took a lower pH than might be in the dual chamber style reactors.

SteveU
                    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

I run my MG granulate in the first chamber Steve...

Comment

Steve.

here's what I did. please excuse the wiring mess. Its usually cleaned up. But this is temporary until i can figure out if this is how i want the setup to be fed and also if it helps the overall tank health.
                        Attached Files

Comment

mini degass rxtr.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I've monitored PH recently.

Before the degass chamber, the entire tank was at 8.0PH
                            Now, its at 8.1. To be honest with you, Im not sure what time of the day the 8.0 was measured in. It was either afternoon or evening. The 8.1 was last night right before the lights went out. So it MAY of helped... but need to continue monitoring to make a better decision.

Comment

edward, how are you able to count thr drips coming out from your rxtr?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X