Phosban Reactor for Zeovit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phosban Reactor for Zeovit

I am looking into getting a Zeovit reactor at a great price. I have a spare Phosban Reactor that is not being used. I figured I should give it a shot and use that reactor to house the zeovit rocks. Has this idea ever worked for anyone? Also, are there any special changes I should do to the reactor?

If pictures are available, please post them.

Thanks

I know of at least one person that is doing this and it works fine for him. I think 1 liter of zeovit is the max you can put in it, but other than that, it will work. Instead of using a stir bar/plate to stir the media, you have to physically shake the unit. I'm not sure if he is using some sort of screening material or not but I have plenty of spare should you need some.

Comment

What would work better for a Zeovit Reactor? A SeaClone 100 or the Phosban Reactor?
      Thanks

Comment

I ran a phosban reactor for a while and it worked like a charm, just pick the whole thing up and shake it twice a day.. the hoses kept kinking on me tho so I eventually DIY'd a square in-sump reactor for about $10..

rich.

Comment

I will have to extend the clear tube that is in the phosban reactor correct? Also, what pump should I use for the Zeorocks?
          Thanks

Comment

I ran a T off of my return line and put a valve on the line to the reactor. You could use a Maxi Jet 600 with a valve. I am pretty sure the Phosban Rx will only hold about 3/4 liter.
            Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by ReefRockerLive
              I will have to extend the clear tube that is in the phosban reactor correct? Also, what pump should I use for the Zeorocks?
              Thanks
              you shouldn't have to, unless your reactor has a piece missing. the center tube should go from the top all the way to the bottom.

running it off a pump allows you to cycle the reactor (3hr on/3hr off), T'd off the return you can't cycle it.

rich.

Comment

Working...
              X