Phosban Reactor as Zeovit Reactor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phosban Reactor as Zeovit Reactor?

I was wondering if you'd be able to make a Zeovit Reactor by taking the Phosban Reactor and modifying it. Would there be enough water contact for the Zeo rocks to work properly?
    Thanks

Zeovit reactors are basically the same design as the fluidized bed filters used as phosphate reactors, the only thing missing is the rod used to shake the media.
    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Would it be worth the effort in trying to make your own Zeovit reactor or simply by a custom reactor?

Comment

Hi Vinny, if you're a DIY'er, that's fine. I'm not so gifted with talent or time. Madison[OUinLA] fashions a absolutely, well-crafted, zeo-filter for only penance, compared to other manufacturersBob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Quite honestly I think if you DIY your own reactor and build only one it wouldn't be much cheaper than buying Madisons open top reactor.
          400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Depending on how much ZEOliths you need the Phosban Reactor will work fine. Just shake it/turn in upside down a couple times a day. It will only hold about 1/2 liter though.
            Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
            X