Zeovit reactors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeovit reactors

Which ones do you use and what is your feedback? Obviously, I am finding the madison reactor to be appealing as it is reasonably priced. How is it in terms of day to day usage? Is it easy to stir the media? Is it sloppy because of the open top? Are there other suggested reactors?

Thanks,

Adobo

Maybe some one with Madison's zeo-filters can help with their experiences.
    Abodo, to me they appear well made, plus, he's constantly enhancing his product with new modifications Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Bob,

What reactor do you use?

Adobo

Comment

Bob uses the GroTech (large). I keep telling myself he would have used mine if I was building them when he first started zeovit (in the stone ages)

Of course I am biased but I recommend my reactor for a couple of reasons. First is the price. It's significantly less expensive than others. But depending on where you live there might be other options. The second plus is the "inner chamber". Stirring is very simple with this and it's more affective as well. I have one client that has both reactors and he prefers mine, but that could differ from person to person.

The drawback to mine (at least the one you referred to, open top) is that you could splash a little water when stirring. But i've gotten use to how to use it and it isn't an issue/concern. Also, that model has to be used in the sump (5"x5" footpring). However, it is dead silent because of the open top.

If you are concerned about using the open top we do have other models that are closed top/external....

Here is our small external (up to 2-2.5 liters)

and here is the large (2 liters and up)

Not pictured is a recent modification we have done to the in sump and small external the pushes 100% of the water through the media instead of the space around the inner chamber and main chamber. I will try and get a pic of that later tonight.

Comment

I use one of Madison's reactors. 4 months now. I find it to be easy to use and even though mine is in sump, He custom built it for me and it is basically an external type. One of his first I believe. I can't understand why anyone would want to spend the kind of money that a company like grotech asks for one. I don't see the justification for the added expense. No stirring issues and the thing is rock solid.

CAReefer

BTW- Customer service is second to none. Had an issue or two at the beginning but he was on top of things and very quickly rectified all inconsistancies. Now, if he only made tanks and protein skimmers we would all be alot better off.
          265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

Now, if he only made tanks and protein skimmers we would all be alot better off.
            Don't give me any ideas

Thanks for the compliments......Your check is in the mail

Comment

Hopefully this one wont bounce...

Hey madison, what dimensions do you need for the camera tubes?
              265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

So far all the tubes are pretty much the same and should work for most cameras. It's a 4.5" OD tube with clear acrylic welded to one side. I have been making them 4" and that seems to work fine. If you need it longer or shorter that's fine. Just let me know.

Comment

Madison,

I sent you a private message to inquire about your reactors.

Adobo

Comment

Hey madison, how much for the last one you showed? I like it. I want an external.

Comment

I definitely like the inner chamber idea. Pumping the Grotech L is HARD work!
                      400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Love that external reactor,awesome... still toying with either building one myself or placing an order... ah the dilema's...
                        _Cerven

/ 20g ZEOnano9020 system / nanoreefblog.com /

The golden ratio is 1.61803399 - use it wisely.

Comment

Working...
                        X