X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7thheaven
    replied
    When setting up the biophos reactor,
    How much should I put the PO4 remover per gal?
    I do Elimi-phos by TM 100gram (for 250L) instead of Biophos..

I wanna know the proper quantity of PO4 remover..

Leave a comment:

• nyfireman3097
    replied
    im gonna be working on one soon myself cant wait
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• Aged Salt
    replied
    [QUOTE=Orion76]In my case DIY is usually about error and disaster

Timon, we're in the same boat, here, my good zeo-buddy, Bob

Leave a comment:

• Orion76
    replied
    Originally posted by skeletor
    geez you guys, DIY is all about trial and error, that's half the fun of it. you should see some of the crap I've built in the past.
    In my case DIY is usually about error and disaster

anyway, I understand that time can be the limiting factor and some people are just plain dangerous with sharp tools so, if you two are interested I have some spare bits laying around and I could probably put two of these together really easily.. just pay for the shipping.
    Wow you are too kind my friend

I'll send you a PM

Leave a comment:

• skeletor
    replied
    Originally posted by Orion76
    I'm still trying to figure out how to make a little biophos filter. I was born with two left hands when it comes to DIY
    Originally posted by 7thheaven
    me too...
    If you make filter sucessfully, please Make one more for me please...
    geez you guys, DIY is all about trial and error, that's half the fun of it. you should see some of the crap I've built in the past. :crap:

anyway, I understand that time can be the limiting factor and some people are just plain dangerous with sharp tools so, if you two are interested I have some spare bits laying around and I could probably put two of these together really easily.. just pay for the shipping.

I have been experimenting with various media over the last couple of weeks and have found that Fe based media seems to last longer and take out more PO4, the Al media is very quickly depleted when there is a lot of PO4 present.

so I plan to run the Fe media for now until I get some new Ca Rx media and effluent PO4 comes down (currently 0.08, w/pH [email protected]/min), once the effluent is under control I will switch back to Al based media.. (I've stopped dosing KZ Iron Concentrate while I run the Fe media )

rich.

Leave a comment:

• Orion76
    replied
    trust me, you'd rather put a bomb in your tank than any DIY filter made by me :icon_mrgr

Leave a comment:

• 7thheaven
    replied
    Originally posted by Orion76
    I'm still trying to figure out how to make a little biophos filter. I was born with two left hands when it comes to DIY
    me too...

If you make filter sucessfully, please Make one more for me please...

Leave a comment:

• Orion76
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 7thheaven
    replied
    Thanks Orion~

Do you use PO4 remover? which is it?

Leave a comment:

• Orion76
    replied
    Aluminum based PO4 removers will release aluminum if the water has a high PH which will irritate/hurt corals, but this is not a problem on a calcium reactor because the effluent water has a low PH.

Leave a comment:

• 7thheaven
    replied
    I have a question about Biophos3..

I know there is two kinds of phosphate remover. iron based and aluminium based..

phosban,rowa is iron based and biophos3, elimi-phos is al based

and Randy in RC said aluminium based remover can irrate the coral...

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...ight=elimiphos

Is it OK to use biophos3? Why do you use biophos3 not biophos2? Because of the

speed to reduce po4?

Though it is small quantity of water in outlet of CA reactor..if through AL

based remover, is it OK? I cancelled the elimi phos after reading this thread

because It is only one that I can get it easily in my LFS...

Thanks..

Which media is better? biophos3 biophos2 rowa phosban.....
    Last edited by 7thheaven; 05-25-2005, 11:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Orion76
    replied
    Originally posted by 7thheaven
    so Most of media have PO4 cause they are from dead corals? correct?
    Yes unfortunately. By dissolving the coral rubble we also release the phosphates locked in their skeleton so we use some biophos to filter it out of the Ca reactor output water before it goes into the tank.

Leave a comment:

• fkadir
    replied
    Yup, That is right.

Leave a comment:

• 7thheaven
    replied
    Originally posted by fkadir
    Vince, what he is saying is that we should limit the amount of PO4 entering the tank even if we have zeovit.

AAAHHHHAAAA~

Understand what you said...Thanks Orion and fkadir~
    so Most of media have PO4 cause they are from dead corals? correct?

Leave a comment:

• fkadir
    replied
    Vince, what he is saying is that we should limit the amount of PO4 entering the tank even if we have zeovit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X