The position of dosing pump in Ca reactor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The position of dosing pump in Ca reactor

The position of dosing pump in Ca reactor is inlet or outlet or both?

www.spsholic.com

Vince... not sure what you mean... What are you using a dosing pump for with a ca reactor?
    SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Oh... Feed pump... Sorry I'm slow... I'd feed it fresh tank water so that you are not running high alk and ca water through that tubing.

SteveU
      “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
      ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

sorry for confusing you Steve...

I am not sure but some people use peristaltic pump(?) in CA reactor? is it correct?
        peristaltic pump is similar to dosing pump? so I wanna know why they use it and where
        they use for CA reactor...

I do not know what peristaltic pump means...

sorry...

www.spsholic.com

Comment

Vince, peristaltic pump is the same as a dosing pump. they are used in a CR by feeding the water from the sump to the CR at the inlet of the CR . HTH
          Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Thanks Farish...
            In general,In my country, they do not use dosing pump, instead of it, they use the
            water flow from overflow box. they make fitting for CA reactor inlet in PVC plumbing (ex:T) they make a small hole for inlet in T and connect to CA reactor..

What is an average flow int inlet of CA reactor? Why do they use dosing pump for feeding?

www.spsholic.com

Comment

I think I'm feeding about 70ml per min through mine. I use a small powerhead and a needle valve to adjust the flow. There is a separate circulation pump for the main reactor body and no pump for the second chamber, the feed water only goes through it after the main chamber before returning to the sump right over an overflow return. I do that in hopes of releasing any leftover co2.

Those that use a dosing pump to so for better control of the feed water. My powerhead must be checked and adjusted on a regular basis or it drifts to the low side.

Don't worry about confusing me... it's easy.

SteveU
              Last edited by GTR; 03-30-2005, 09:30 PM.
              ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Hi Steve.

I use a cole-parmer lab-grade peristaltic pump to pull water through my reactor. I used all other method to feed my reactor, and found this to be the most reliable. After all, without a consistant feed, a reactor will not produce consistant results... and that's why we spend the money on them in the first place.

-Rob

Comment

Rob...
                  Any reason to pull the water and not push it?

SteveU
                  ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Originally posted by GTR
                    Rob...
                    Any reason to pull the water and not push it?

SteveU
                    Not really sure... Schuran recommends this. I suppose that creating suction on the reactor would insure tht backpressure is not created against the co2 feed.

To be honest, I had the pump set up to push water through the reactor, but switched it around to pull. I haven't seen a difference, but I can appreciate that if their was a blockage in the output [effluent] of the reactor, I'd rather be pulling water through it.

Comment

Working...
                    X