Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Revolutions worth it for the 4-way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Revolutions worth it for the 4-way?

Hey Guys i am going to get the ocean motions 4-way unit here. and am looking at these revolutions. probably the 3/4" 360 ones. probably 4 of them one on each output of the 4-way.

i am going to get one of the following not sure yet. so give me some thoughts about this also,

1. "Version 4 - Designed for use with 4 "revolutions" water is sent to 3 outlets at the same time, the centre drum prevents water from entering one of the outlets which in turn, allows the "revolution" to index to a new position.

As the drum continues to rotate each "revolution" changes its outlet to a different angle , giving a constantly changing wave pattern thorough the tank."

2. "Version 3 - has them opposed,( ie) 1 & 3, 4 & 2, repeated"

now which one would you do with the revolutions?

and are the revolutions worth it?

i will be running this off a sequence dart.

i am going to get the "mag drive" upgrade also.

i am thinking the Version 4 would be best since i am going to use the revolutions. Just wondering if the revolutions work with the other versions other than 4.

also should i go with the 2" in and 1.5" out? or the 1.5" in and 1" out? the dart has 1.5" out, so it would match up with the 1.5" in on the 4-way. but i always here the bigger the PVC you can go the better.

so bascially here are the questions,

1. What Version should i go with?
    2. Are the revolutions worth it? or should i use the 1" omni-flex stuff?
    3. if the revolutions are worth it what one should i get? i think the 1" 360 ones but not sure. with maybe a 15 degree or 30 degree angles?
    4. What size connections should i get? 2" in and 1.5" out or 1.5" in and 1" out?
    5. How do the revolutions hook up the PVC? do you just thread them into a female adapter?
    6. Can the revolutions be used with OUT the version 4?

thanks again guys!

Nick
    Last edited by nbd13; 12-31-2005, 01:28 PM.
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

oh yeah thinking of using the 15 degree outputs. or is there a better angel to use? maybe 30 degrees?

thanks

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

I have an extra internal thingy from my old one you can have Nick... Not sure the version though.
      anacroporamademepoora

Comment

Thanks Mike, i talked to Paul at Oceans Motions and he got me all squared away, should have this thing up and running here pretty soon.....

i will let you know. thanks for the offer Mike.

Nick

Comment

Nick, keep us posted on how every thing works out for you. I am looking at upgradeing from my super squirt. Brian

Comment

i will hopefully i will get the 4-way and a dart and get things going.....

Nick

Comment

Working...
            X