Marea Stream pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marea Stream pumps

Is there anyone on this forum, who has experiences with Marea Stream pumps ?

never heard of them
    Nick
    180G SPS Mainly
    10 Bulb T5 Starfire
    Calcium Reactor
    3 Tunze 6105's
    Profilux Controller
    ATB Return w/ wavysea
    ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

They are German-made pumps with ceramic impellers. Although they are less expensive than Tunze streams, I am not sure that they are available in the US or at least to run at US voltages. You can contact the manufacturer through their web site.

http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Tim

Comment

They look so much like the Seio.

“People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Looks the same to me. Even the same hardware. Gotta be the same point of origination.
          Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
          Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

SEIO Super Flow and Marea Stream are the same type of pumps. The basic difference is that SEIO Super Flow is US version (110V) and Marea Stream is Europe version (220V). There is a lot of information about SEIO Super Flow , but Marea Stream is new and there is not a lot of forum discussions about Marea Stream, so this is why I ask if there is anyone with experiences with Marea Stream.

Comment

Bohan, it's not a bad pump considering the price. There is no controller available but it does give a wide flow similar to a Stream. I have a couple and use them when I'm curing rock, or in Q-tanks - temporary situations. When you get to the larger sizes you're better off spending a few bucks more and getting a 6060 or 6080 (Tunze).

Comment

How long do you have your Marea pumps ?
                What model do you use ?

I have Tunze Stream 6100 in my aquarium, but i tested Marea Stream also.

Comment

Well to clarify, I'm in the U.S. so I have the SEIO pumps - I think the model is 820. I'm going to assume they are essentially the same. I have had them since they first came out and they have been very reliable.

Comment

Is this SEIO pump also very noisy during the start ?

Comment

Bojan, not sure if you know this link:

http://www.sloreef.com/clanki/marea%20stream.htm

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                      X