Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY HOB pvc overflow

i was bored so...i made an overflow

its all 1 1/2" pvc. this thing is ginormous! LOL...i tried it out and it works great so far, and it wont loose syphon during a power outage. tell me what you think

tim

Be sure to screen the input(s) somehow.

What kind of flow will it handle?

From the looks of it though maybe cheaper to buy one pre-made than all those 1-1/2" PVC fittings.

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

the whole thing cost maybe $20 to build, excluding the ball valve. the ball valve would make it like $30 or something.

for the input screens i put gutter guard on it. the intake pipes on the pic are actually too short. im not sure what kind of flow it will handle. anyone know?

Comment

I'm not sure how this will act due to the siphon. But a simple standpipe overflow won't handle much because of the lack of pressure driving the water. Same holds true with tanks drilled towards the top and using a bulkhead fitting for the overflow. Move that hole towards the bottom and add an "L" & riser and it really does'nt help increase the flow since there's still no water pressure driving it into the standpipe.

SteveU
        “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Working...
        X