durso is driving me crazy!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• durso is driving me crazy!!!!

i cannot figure it out,why i have this splash effect every 3-5 min...
    water level drops in overflow box ,then i have sucking noise and then goes up again...
    i need help on this one...

thankx,mike

your air hole in the durso is to small, or you dont have a air hole at all,

Comment

i do have..i started with small ,and not i think its big enough...
      i think i need to cut down flow a bid...my new rd pump is 1600 gph... to much flow i think...
      i will try to cut down flow..see what happend

but.thankx)

Comment

not really mike
        if your water lvl goes down and then goes up again, your durso can handle the GPH, but not your air hole, if your durso was to small for the GPH it would overflow and not go down,
        IMO i would not cut down the flow, after all more flow was the reason to get a RD, work a bit more on your durso's air hole, i am sure you will figure out the right setting,
        Last edited by Heinz; 07-17-2005, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I had to adjust the hole sizes on my Durso's until I found the "sweet spot". I increased the hole sizes in very small increments until my flow stopped surging and stabilized. I also purchased a couple of extra PVC end caps to experiment with. You'll get there!
          Pikeman

Comment

heinz,
            i did cut down flow a bid,and it stoped....but,i am gonna go to hd tommorow to get more caps and i will play with the hole size.see if it helps)
            btw, my drain pipe is 1.5" ,return is 1"..

mike

Comment

well i think your drain pipe too big and thus face with this problem..
              you got ball value to control the flow..?? if there is try close the ball value abit and see how it go...
              ---------------------------
              180g 3 side Low Iron Glass, Lighting: ATI Power Module 10 x 80W KZ Coral Light (awiting for to mix with fiji purple), Return Pump: Red Dragon 12m3, Tunze WaveMaker:1x 6200, 3 x 6100 and 1 x 6060 + Multicontroller 7095, Bubble King 300 Internal, Deltec - PF 601S, Arctica Chiller 1/2HP, I~Zeo Reactor IZ-618

BK 300 in actionhttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...IDEO_00003.flv

Comment

keigo,
                i did cut down the flow a bid,,and it helped..
                why u are saying that my drain pipe is too big?

mike

Comment

cause by what you have describe and what i have encounter be4, all those draining sound is mostly due to bigger drain pipe which can handler more water then you can provide thus explain the flushing and water level keep going down and up...

well I hate durso too and they need to be maintaince every down and then.
                  ---------------------------
                  180g 3 side Low Iron Glass, Lighting: ATI Power Module 10 x 80W KZ Coral Light (awiting for to mix with fiji purple), Return Pump: Red Dragon 12m3, Tunze WaveMaker:1x 6200, 3 x 6100 and 1 x 6060 + Multicontroller 7095, Bubble King 300 Internal, Deltec - PF 601S, Arctica Chiller 1/2HP, I~Zeo Reactor IZ-618

BK 300 in actionhttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...IDEO_00003.flv

Comment

Working...
                  X