Need help w/ plumbing stuff....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help w/ plumbing stuff....

I wanted to try and get some plumbing order for my new tank.

i want to order something where i can disconnect the PVC from my dart pumps if needed.

I was looking at some ball valves with i think you call them unions on each end but those are like 25 bucks each i need 6 1.5" ones and 4 2" ones the 2" ones are like 30!

so can i skip the ones with ball valves and get get i guess unions so i can disconnect my plumbing if needed?

i will have 1 ball valve on the out put of my return dart just incase i need the flow turned down alittle.

anyway let me know!

thanks guys!

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

i guess i forgot to say,

these union things will not restrict the dart will it? i heard its not good to restrick the input of these pumps....

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

I would go ahead and use the true union ball valves on all your pumps. It makes it so much easier to disconnect and clean them when you need to.

I don't think that they will restrict the flow at all.

Colin
      120 BB w/20g BB side tank, 29g sump, (2) 250w RO III, 14k AC, Bluewave VII ballast, Deltec 851, Panworld 150 return, (2) 6000 Streams w/controller, AC II Controller w/(2) DC4, GEO 618 CR.

If at first it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer - Beat to fit paint to match

Comment

do i need to get the ball valves though? cant i just get the unions or something?

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by CCG
          I would go ahead and use the true union ball valves on all your pumps. It makes it so much easier to disconnect and clean them when you need to.

I don't think that they will restrict the flow at all.

Colin

He is correct Nick. True Union Ball Valves are the way to go I just ordered some monday for my tanks. I too am using Darts

Comment

also how big of hole do i need for a 2" bulkhead?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

3 1/8 in.

Comment

Greetings All !

these union things will not restrict the dart will it?
                Nope ... no worries.

so can i skip the ones with ball valves and get get i guess unions so i can disconnect my plumbing if needed?
                Generally speaking, I prefer to have ball valves on BOTH sides of the union ... this configuration allows me to completely isolate the union (... and mindless convenience has always seemed to me to be worth a few extra bucks). If a side of the union drains automatically when the pump is off, then you don't need a ball valve on that side. BUT ... if there's still any water in the line, and you don't have a ball valve ... well ...

... have plenty of towels on hand ...

i will have 1 ball valve on the out put of my return dart just incase i need the flow turned down alittle.
                Always a good thing ...

... HTH
                "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

screw it i will get splurge and get them..

thanks guys!

Nick

Comment

Working...
                  X