Tunze pumps, need suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunze pumps, need suggestions.

I am designing my 125 gallon tank right now. I am going to buy some tunze pumps soon and need some suggestions. First off I was going to have 4 pumps, is this too much? Also for a 125 should I go with the 6060 or the 6080 model? I can't do the wavemaker models right now not enough $$$.
    You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Go with 4 of them.

i have 4 running in my 180 and still have dead spots!

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Brad,

For a 125, you may want to check out the wavebox by Tunze, seen one in action first hand, could not believe how much motion they create, it may be enough with that and just two 6080's........
      IF IT IS WORTH DOING, TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT..........

Comment

Iin my 150 g i have 2x6100 on multicontroler and i think this is more then enough. i have two sea swirls on my return

mike

Comment

I can't do the wavebox it is just too much money for me at this time. If I get 4 pumps should I go for the 6060 or the 6080?
          You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Comment

which ever ones get you more flow.

Nick
            275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

4 6060's cost more than 1 wavebox

Comment

You may want to consider starting out with (2) 6000. There more money but you can add a controller later (you can’t with the 6060, 6080) and you can upgrade them to the 6100 just by changing the transformer. You can always add 2 more as funds permit.

Colin
                120 BB w/20g BB side tank, 29g sump, (2) 250w RO III, 14k AC, Bluewave VII ballast, Deltec 851, Panworld 150 return, (2) 6000 Streams w/controller, AC II Controller w/(2) DC4, GEO 618 CR.

If at first it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer - Beat to fit paint to match

Comment

for my 200 G i use 2 Tunze Stream 6100 and 1 Wavebox.

Comment

in my 125g i have 2 6100's
                    Nick
                    Nick
                    180G SPS Mainly
                    10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                    Calcium Reactor
                    3 Tunze 6105's
                    Profilux Controller
                    ATB Return w/ wavysea
                    ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

IF possible, go for at least 2x6000 or preferably 2x6100 as a start. Controllers can be added later on when you have the funds.

In my 250G, I started off with 2x6100 then added another and then added another. So ended up with 4 x 6100s. Regards
                      Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

I have 3 6100's on my 240 with 2 OM off an amp 3k... I could still use more flow... I am thinking of a wavebox myself these days...

Comment

i wouldnt get a wavebox ,unless i i have a acrylic tank...

jeff,is ur tank acrylic?

mike

Comment

No Mike its not and you make a good point... another 6100 it is...

Comment

jeff,
                              after my disaster with oceanic,i am so afraid of glass tanks...i think wavebox can create a lot of stress to the glass.....
                              i think if u add other 6100 u should be fine....have i tought about enductors on ur return,they create a lot of flow...

mike

Comment

Working...
                              X