Clear All

• About Aquascaping of low depth tank

Hi all~

If you make a low depth cube tank (20inches=50cm for example),

How will you make reef scaping?

Do you have a good pic about this?

thanks~

www.spsholic.com

Hi Vince, I have always thought having one's corals high toward the top to be most impressiveBob
    Last edited by Aged Salt; 04-11-2005, 05:32 PM.
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

the oneas corals ?
      Nick
      Nick
      180G SPS Mainly
      10 Bulb T5 Starfire
      Calcium Reactor
      3 Tunze 6105's
      Profilux Controller
      ATB Return w/ wavysea
      ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Greetings All !

How will you make reef scaping?
        I'm with Bob ... making use of the full vertical dimensions of your tank will allow you to do some very cool things in terms of tank focal points, and the use of bright vs. shadow contrast.

In terms of "physically" making things ... that's the easy part. Plan out the overall architecture/structure on paper, adjust your design to the LR you have available to you, and build it. The list of materials I use to fabricate structures includes 1/2" PVC, 1/2" extruded acrylic rods, holdfast epoxy, and black cable ties.

The aesthetics ... the overall shape/plan of the architecture is the hard part.
        Here's a link to a thread started by Mikester where the ZEO-community talks about aesthetics/perspective/design concepts .... maybe it will be of use, maybe not.
        http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthr...=4051#post4051

Once I settle on an aesthetic design framework for a tank, I usually draw out the way the architecture will actually support the LR, keeping in mind the concept of building surfaces onto which I will place corals.

An example is this system I did for a customer about two years ago ...

Support structure design overlay ... diagrams of where you're headed really help when you're fabricating ...

The underlying structure ...

System ready for specimens ... notice the predominance of "upper level" placement areas for corals ...

Do you have a good pic about this?
        Nope ... I know this architecture isn't really applicable to your cube tank, but hopefully it will give you some ideas. Given the "shallow" aspect of your tank, you might wish to consider using your LR structure to create multiple bright vs. shadow contrast regions from different viewing points around the tank ... JMO.

HTH ...
        "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Thanks mesocosm..~
          I read your linked URL once, but I can not understand completely.I will read a several
          times more
          I am also considering to keep clean under the live rock. Not easy work.
          I do not want use many live rocks.

Instead of it, I wanna fill(?) many SPSs..

www.spsholic.com

Comment

very kool meco
            Nick
            Nick
            180G SPS Mainly
            10 Bulb T5 Starfire
            Calcium Reactor
            3 Tunze 6105's
            Profilux Controller
            ATB Return w/ wavysea
            ATB M External Skimmer