IKS Aquastar external display II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IKS Aquastar external display II

Has anyone tried this equipment and do you like it?

Source: http://www.iks-aqua.com/html/d/aquastardisplay2.htm

Up to 4 measured values are represented at the same time. They can see whether the measured values are OK ONE, whether and into which direction a straight regulation is active. The integrated acoustic alarm informs you immediately, if possibly something runs from the framework.

And the screen hooks into this:

In case you guys didnt catch it before.. A.Neufeld has this on his tank wall:

Comment

http://www.iks-usa.com/systems.html

For the US link Ed. They are in Camarillo, which is inbetween Ventura and L.A.

It's supposedly an amazing unit when set up, but by report can be hard to get setup. I dunno. I looked into it and the price stopped me. But then again, I dunno why b/c I then turned around and bought an aquatronica....
      10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
      BK400ext
      RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
      MRC kalkmixer
      IKS

Comment

Thanks for the link Chuck! Looks like the entire unit would be about $1500 with this display.

What is the aquatronica? Sounds Italian

Comment

Im running the IKS for my reef. cost about US$2.5K including probes , 8 controllable sockets and a multi-doser. Cool stuff! not that hard to setup actually. If I can do it, anyone can! LOL

No external display tho. Dunt think its needed unless the IKS control gear is situated far away from where you wanna monitor the on-goings.
          Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Originally posted by moonpod
            http://www.iks-usa.com/systems.html

For the US link Ed. They are in Camarillo, which is inbetween Ventura and L.A.

It's supposedly an amazing unit when set up, but by report can be hard to get setup. I dunno. I looked into it and the price stopped me. But then again, I dunno why b/c I then turned around and bought an aquatronica....
            Moon did you receive your Aquatronica yet? If so can you give me the low down on your thoughts?
            I am still debating on what to get the Aquatronice or the new AC3.

Thanks

Scott

Comment

no, supposedly coming into the distributer this week and then figure a week to get to me (they're in Eastern Canada somewhere).
              10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
              BK400ext
              MRC kalkmixer
              IKS

Comment

What is this auatronice ? Also FKA what exactly does this do for you ?
                Nick
                Nick
                180G SPS Mainly
                10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                Calcium Reactor
                3 Tunze 6105's
                Profilux Controller
                ATB Return w/ wavysea
                ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

These are all aquarium computers. Essentially they turn your lights on/off; heater, chiller, ph, orp, conductivity/auto top off controlling; wavemaking; etc....all the functionality, one unit. Typically you need add ons for all of the functionality. Depending on the flexibility of the unit you can program an assortment of commands, you may be able to remotely monitor your tank, etc...
                  10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                  BK400ext
                  MRC kalkmixer
                  IKS

Comment

www.aquariumobsessed.com
                    10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                    BK400ext
                    MRC kalkmixer
                    IKS

Comment

Farish, that's incredible. Do you take advantage of all the features such as the day/night simulation, lunar phase, high/low tide simulation, etc? Im just wondering if these extra features are better than what the Neptune controllers have which is only about $500.

Here's some diagrams on how you can either use a single Aquarium or multiple:

Comment

So far, I am using it for temperature control, Ph control of the CR, safety cutoff for tank Ph if it drops below 7.9 at nite, Dosing start, controlling top-off via solenoid thru a RO/DI. Will be using it to do dimming control of the T5s soon for dawn and dusk effects soon. Also ozone will come on as a safety measure in case the ORP crashes..

Have hooked it up to my laptop for charting functions and also alerts via email/sms/siren if any of the variables measured like ph/temp/salinity goes out of whack for any reason.

Not using it for wave generation as Im using the Tunze multi-controller for the streams..
                        Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Ed my personal big beef with the ACII is the x10 limb of the system. It's disguised cost and frustration and unfortunately, for me anyways, the DC4s have also been unreliable. That's why I looked at the european systems. The plugs are "hardwired" and I am hoping more reliable. x10 is VERY buggy in my house. I don't want to start putting power line isolators etc...on my house electrical supply. That's more work than the thing should be. x10 modules die randomly sometimes (especially if they've been getting cycled on/off frequently b/c of electrical interference). If you don't need a lot of functionality and have a small system, the digital aquatics unit works great. hard wired. reliable, BUT it doesn't "do" very much and has zero expandibility.

The IKS and the Aquatronica are very expandable. If the Aquatronica doesn't really pan out for me, then the IKS is the next on the wish list.
                          10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                          BK400ext
                          MRC kalkmixer
                          IKS

Comment

The only downside to the IKS system is the lack of a programming language/interface that enables us to do very flexible programs and course of actions. The Iks has a structured menu and you assigned various tasks when triggered by the probes or time functions etc etc. e.g for ZEOstart dosing I have set it to dose for 2 seconds every 8 hours.. (2 secs is about 1ml). A controller really removes a lot of clutter from the sump area as everything is in 1 box controlling and monitoring whatever that is needed.
                            Farish

Comment

Farish, maybe this could be interesting.

Sorry, I do not have experience with the software.

http://www.matuta.com/include.php?pa...ntid=159&page=

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X