Potassium Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potassium Kits

Which is the preferred kit? I was using Salifert but can't find them anywhere now.

Yeah salifert stopped making them because they can't get the chemicals needed. It least I think that is the problem
    The red sea kit takes half an hour and the color change is really hard to see.
    Most of us stopped testing potasium.
    The elos is really stupid and cheap

good luck

Comment

So if you stopped testing potassium, did you stop dosing it too? Just use monti caps to gauge potassium deficiency?

Comment

More or less yes I think zeovit makes a kit you can try that

Comment

My caps are bright and vivid so I won't even bother. Just wanted a heads up on kits incase the caps start to fade. I only used my salifert kit a handful of times before I had to toss it.

Comment

Hi,
            Yes the salifert kit was pretty good...
            Like bugger said: Red Sea takes very long and is hard to see.
            I tried 2 test kits that work with turbitity - when you have a reference solution, and practice with this, they work.
            Not very accurate, but good enough to say if K+ is much too high or much too low.

I saw the test kit from coral shop, anybody used this maybe?
            Seems to be in the middle between salifert and RedSea, looking at usability??

regards
            George

Comment

In our community, we trust the tests from Tropic Marine (KH, Ca, Mg .NO2, NO3, Salinity). Recently, they have released a test for Potassium.
              I have not purchased it yet. Has anyone tested potassium with their test?

Comment

Working...
              X