Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moonpod
    replied
    OK, update, not here yet (in the US). Details pending. Unknown if you need to use the AM controller or if any 'ol controller will work.

Leave a comment:

• moonpod
    replied
    Friday.

Leave a comment:

• invincible569
    replied
    I agree with Chuck. Maybe its time to spend the extra dollar for more reliability. Have you heard any news with your friend about availibility for this heater Chuck?

Leave a comment:

• moonpod
    replied
    yeah. In general formal temp controllers are much more reliable than the thermostats that are built into heaters. It's to the point where personally, I don't trust any heater on it's own anymore, regardless of make. I've pretty much had 'em all get stuck on me or have a thermostat that was way, way off.

Leave a comment:

• nyfireman3097
    replied
    so in other words this is just a tempurture sensor better then others?
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• invincible569
    replied
    Originally posted by nyfireman3097
    Whats a T-Controller ?
    Nick
    AquaMedic Temperature Controller (the brain with sensor that activates heat on/off)

"The Temperature Computer is a precise multi-functional, temperature controller. It includes a digital temperature sensor. The mode of operation can be set using the function keys, either as a heater or cooler controller. In the "heating" mode, the actual temperature is adjusted to the set value using a pulse-packet control with an accuracy of 0.1°C. In the "cooler" mode, the accuracy is 0,5°. The maximum useable wattage for heaters is 1000 watt and for coolers 600 watt."

Leave a comment:

• nyfireman3097
    replied
    Whats a T-Controller ?
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• invincible569
    replied
    Originally posted by heyp
    Hi,

the 2000W version is already available in europe and costs ~ 110EUR. T-controller ~ 150EUR.

HTH

For those who needed this converted to U.S. Dollars:

2000w Heater - $138
    T-Controller - $189

Thanks Heyp

Leave a comment:

• invincible569
    replied
    The T Controller states that it only supports up to 1000w. Not sure how you would add a 2000w heater unless they have an updated version of the Controller?

moonpod, let me know when you find availability. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• moonpod
    replied
    I got a buddy that goes to Pacific Aqua Farms regularly. They are an Aquamedic distributer. I will ask if the heaters are available. Hopefully they can be run with any 'ol temp controller (ala my aquatronica). I will need a large heater for my next system.

Leave a comment:

• heyp
    replied
    Hi,

the 2000W version is already available in europe and costs ~ 110EUR. T-controller ~ 150EUR.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• invincible569
    replied
    Looks like no one in the states is selling it yet.

Leave a comment:

• invincible569
    started a topic Aqua Medic Titanium Heater

Aqua Medic Titanium Heater

Since Won has been getting a bad rep, Aqua released their own titanium heaters up to 2000w! This is probably the answer we need: "The heaters are supplied with overheat and dry running protection cutouts. "
    You will also need to buy the T Controller separate. I wonder how much all this costs. Let me do some research and find availibility.
Working...
X