Clear All

• ReefKeeper

http://digitalaquatics.com/

Do you have it? Is it good?

I think it is not expensive than other controller

www.spsholic.com

It's more expensive than the AquaController Junior

http://neptunesys.com/aquaControllerJr.htm
    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Ah but remember the reefkeeper is a direct control unit. Basically the "problem" with the reefkeeper is that it has very limited capabilities. It does those things well, but that's it. No expandability, no monitoring capabilities, essentially it can wavemake, control heaters/chillers and is a timer. That's it. the AC junior is much more flexible, BUT is x10 dependent, which is something that I personally hate. You can buy the DC units for the AC junior, but the price then climbs considerably.
      10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
      BK400ext
      RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
      MRC kalkmixer
      IKS

Comment

I wouldn't hook a heater / chiller up to X10 that's for sure, but it's reliable enough for most other functions. The drawback is that X10 modules are quite expensive, especially the filters which you will need for your lighting system. I guess once you're done buying all that stuff it is more expensive than the Reefkeeper.

Having said that I'd definitely choose the AC jr. + DC over a Reefkeeper for its expandability.
        400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

chuck,
          i wanna get a controler for my mh,t-5",monnlight ,heater/chiller..do u think acjr., would the the best option?

thankx,mike

Comment

Prolly as long as you don't have an electrically noisy house then ACj will work.
            10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
            BK400ext
            MRC kalkmixer
            IKS

Comment

hm....what u mean by electrically noisy?.....u mean a/c?

Comment

No, stuff that interferes with x10. Plasma screens, neighbors having x10, etc...
                10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                BK400ext
                MRC kalkmixer
                IKS

Comment

ohhh...i am planning of using hard wires....i dont like x10....

Comment

Working...
                  X