Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do gravity dosers work or are they junk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do gravity dosers work or are they junk?

I want to get a gravity doser to dose my Calc. and Alk. for me so it remains more consistent. But I don't have the money or the room to have electric dosers. I know Kent makes a gravity doser called the Kent Marine Aquadose. Are gravity dosers crap or are they pretty accurate?
    You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

anyone?
    You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Comment

I have used IV drip sytle dosers in the past. For your alk and ca it would be ok but don't keep so much in the container that if it all ends up dripping in the system in a short time that it would cause trouble.
      They are difficult to maintain at the same drip rate as they get build up at the end of the drip hose. The problem is usually an under dose and not over dose but it could happen.

I dripped limewater that way for near ten years until I broke down and bought a dosing pump.

HTH
      SteveU
      “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
      ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Have a 5g one. I used it before I got my reef filler. It took a little while to dial it in but once dialed in it had a pretty constant drip rate. I think it would work great for top off but I think I would dose alk/cal separately.

Colin
        120 BB w/20g BB side tank, 29g sump, (2) 250w RO III, 14k AC, Bluewave VII ballast, Deltec 851, Panworld 150 return, (2) 6000 Streams w/controller, AC II Controller w/(2) DC4, GEO 618 CR.

If at first it doesn't fit get a bigger hammer - Beat to fit paint to match

Comment

They work, but be careful uncase something happens and they over dose. Happened to a friend of mine and he wiped his tank out with Kalk.

Comment

i agree w/ sean and Mesco but like Mesco said Add enough that will be what u need lie i know i need 80 ML a day for my Alk to stay at 8 so i add it thrugh a eopp off machine that way it will not OD or UNderdose also if u go this route have one for cal and one for alk
            Nick
            Nick
            180G SPS Mainly
            10 Bulb T5 Starfire
            Calcium Reactor
            3 Tunze 6105's
            Profilux Controller
            ATB Return w/ wavysea
            ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Working...
            X