Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crystal sea marinemix

hi
    does anyone of you ever had any problems after using the "crystal sea marinemix" salt (Marine Enterprises International)?

it is a quite new salt on the german market and some guys report on coral bleaching after using it.

since this salt is available in the u.s. for many years i would like to ask you if you have heard about similar problems.

Originally posted by Malte
    hi
    does anyone of you ever had any problems after using the "crystal sea marinemix" salt (Marine Enterprises International)?

it is a quite new salt on the german market and some guys report on coral bleaching after using it.

since this salt is available in the u.s. for many years i would like to ask you if you have heard about similar problems.
    It is not good salt IMO. I tried it and experienced the bleaching problems you are referring to. Do a search on Reefcentral.com and you will see that alot of other people have had problems with it also.

Comment

hi

i tried to search on reefcentral but i gave up after i got 20 times the "too busy"-page

did you change more than 5% of your tank when you used crystal sea marinemix for the first time?

what salt did you use before?

did you get the bleaching problems after the first use of crystal sea marinemix or later? were all sps affected by it?

Comment

Hi Malte, I have never used this salt, but a good reefer friend of mine switched from Kent's brand of salt to Crystal Seas with many of his SPS RTN within the first wk He Had performed about a 25% in his 300g system, without any other changes. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Originally posted by Malte
          hi

i tried to search on reefcentral but i gave up after i got 20 times the "too busy"-page

did you change more than 5% of your tank when you used crystal sea marinemix for the first time?

what salt did you use before?

did you get the bleaching problems after the first use of crystal sea marinemix or later? were all sps affected by it?
          I used Kent salt before I tried the Crystal Sea. I changed 10% and had the bleaching and lost 2 SPS colonies. I have mixed Kent, IO, Reef Crystals and Oceanic in the past and never had the same negative results. I now only use Reef Crystals and I am happy.

Comment

i had a freind who had a bleachin problem from it
            Nick
            Nick
            180G SPS Mainly
            10 Bulb T5 Starfire
            Calcium Reactor
            3 Tunze 6105's
            Profilux Controller
            ATB Return w/ wavysea
            ATB M External Skimmer

Comment