X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rust problem

Hi~~~

My apartment is old

so I often see the rust in pipe that water comes out.

I connect the RO filter but I am a little worried about that.

the pipes are connected within the APT so I think I can not replace them.

Can rust be removed by RO filter and carbon in my sump?

Is there any solution? I think rust can be harmed in my reefing.

Thanks in advance~

www.spsholic.com

Some will be removed by the sediment filters and the RO.
    Do you also use a DI stage?
    SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Originally posted by GTR
      Some will be removed by the sediment filters and the RO.
      Do you also use a DI stage?
      SteveU
      Thanks Steve.

No I do not use a DI,just RO. Is DI filter helpful?

www.spsholic.com

Comment

A working DI cartridge should remove anything left after the previous stages of your system. In theory once the water has gone through the DI resins there should be nothing left but the water.
        My prefilters and RO remove approx. 90% of impurities if the measurement I get from the TDS meter is correct. I depend on the DI to remove the rest and replace the resins if I get any reading above zero.

SteveU
        “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Originally posted by GTR
          A working DI cartridge should remove anything left after the previous stages of your system. In theory once the water has gone through the DI resins there should be nothing left but the water.
          My prefilters and RO remove approx. 90% of impurities if the measurement I get from the TDS meter is correct. I depend on the DI to remove the rest and replace the resins if I get any reading above zero.

SteveU
          Thanks Steve~

Could it(no RI) be my RO water found NO3 ? the level of it is about 1~2 with
          salifert

www.spsholic.com

Comment

RO will not remove all NO3 but will a high percentage. Have you measured the input water (before RO) for NO3.

Me... I would never use water that was not run through a DI in my reef. Heck, I won't even drink water without the RO... it's tastes really bad.

Does your water contain only chlorine for antibacterial use, or do they use something else also?

SteveU
            ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Does your water contain only chlorine for antibacterial use, or do they use something else also?
              Thanks~

I am not sure but maybe water contain only chlorine for antibacterial use.

I do not know the stauts of US or other country, I think the taste of water

is not bad in my country until now. but I use RO filter for drinking water. :smash:

I will check the input water for NO3.

Last edited by 7thheaven; 03-07-2005, 08:02 PM.

www.spsholic.com

Comment

Dear Steve~

Which brand of DI filter do you use?

Could you recommand?

www.spsholic.com

Comment

Working...
                X