Chiller- need help on size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiller- need help on size

G'day guys, a mate of mine is setting up a temperate reef tank, he needs to keep the 80g tank at about 15-20 (22 max) C. max temperature the room could get would be about 35degrees C, it would generally be around 20-27, only using PC light. What size chiller? 1/2 HP? He is also a student, hence on a budget.

Cheers
    Josh
    System: 430ltr SPS ZEOvit system, Balling Method (Growtech), BubbleKing200, Profilux with LAN and Salinity
    Lighting: Dimmbar 54w T5: D&D and KZ mixture.
    Flow: Tunze 6060, Iwaki MX70 CL + penductors
    BlauRiff

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning"

Hi Josh, he should be able to use 1/4HP chiller if the net vol. is 80g, even with MH's. I used a 1/3HP chiller with it running about a third of the time for my 250g system previously & currently am using a 1HP unit for my 450g system, which runs about a 1/3 of the time. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Cheers Bob! Thanks
      Josh
      System: 430ltr SPS ZEOvit system, Balling Method (Growtech), BubbleKing200, Profilux with LAN and Salinity
      Lighting: Dimmbar 54w T5: D&D and KZ mixture.
      Flow: Tunze 6060, Iwaki MX70 CL + penductors
      BlauRiff

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning"

Comment

So he wants to keep it at 68F in a 95F room? He's going to need a lot more than 1/4 HP.

Comment

diffrent brands work diffrent droppings i guy i know sells them and there cheaper then most places check it out http://acropora.net/
          Nick
          Nick
          180G SPS Mainly
          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
          Calcium Reactor
          3 Tunze 6105's
          Profilux Controller
          ATB Return w/ wavysea
          ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Working...
          X