Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZ t5 bulb combination for 6 bulb fixture

Hello All.
    In the search for the right t5 bulb combo suited for growth 1st and then to the eye, can experts here suggest the right KZ bulb combo for a 6 bulb fixture?

If the combination looks Cool white with bluish and red undertone, its good enough for me. I do not like the deep blue look all day long

Thanks

Basically the spectrum should not be to blue and in balance with your personal taste. For a 6 bulb fixture those would be two possibilities:

4 x NewGeneration
    1 x BluePlus
    1 x FijiPurple

This should give you a clean white look.

3 x NewGeneration
    2 x BluePlus
    1 x FijiPurple

Would be a little bit more blue but still a good compromise.

It is always difficult as the personal taste does differ. If I where you I would get two additional bulbs (one NewGeneration and one BluePlus) which will give you the possibility to play around until you fund the perfect fix for your taste.

G.Alexander

Comment

Hello Alexander
      Many thanks for yr reply. I will check with Kz if they are willing to ship the bulbs internationally and if they pack good enough to reach safely
      Also what do you of Coral light t5 bulb? Is it more on the whiter side?
      Thanks

Comment

Alexander
        I was going through some very old posts on other forums who were or maybe still using Kz t5 bulbs actively.. So to achieve that 15000-15500K look this is what reefers were /are using
        Back

New Generation
        Fiji Purple
        Super Blue
        Coral Light
        Superblue
        New Generation

Front

What's your opinion?

Thanks

Comment

Basically the New Generation and the Coral Light are white bulbs so they are similar but the New Generation is a clear white while the Coral Light has some more red spectrum. Both are very good bulbs and can be replaced against each other without observing negative consequences, it is more of a personal taste.

The set of bulbs you have posted is similar to the second one in my post but from the perspective of the lighting color it might be a little more yellow but both will be fine if it comes to coloration / growth of SPS corals.

G.Alexander

Comment

Ok. Noted. Thanks for the clarification.

I contacted KZ for the bulbs, unfortunately there are not willing to ship the bulbs to India from their end, could be due to the distance and the fragile nature of the bulbs.
            Will try and see what can be done

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X