Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a 250 watt 12K Mh bulb they would let me borrow or buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a 250 watt 12K Mh bulb they would let me borrow or buy?

I want to either borrow or buy (maybe a cheap leftover bulb that you don't use anymore) a 12K 250 watt Mh bulb that has an internal ignitor. I am currently running a 10K and think it is just a little too yellow. I want to try a 12K to see the difference but do not want to buy a brand new bulb, and then if I hate the difference I am out 85 bucks or so. I would even be willing to trade, as I have a brand new (tested it for 5 minutes to see that it worked) Ushio 250 watt 10K bulb with internal ignitor as a back up bulb for my tank. If you would let me borrow one I would put it on my tank for 1 day to see if I liked it or not and then ship it back to you.
    You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Forgot to say that if you want to trade for my 10K I would like it if the 12K was also new.

Comment

Brad i dn't have any 12k's but if you want to check out a 20k i have a spare i could send you.

Comment

Thanks Cosmo but I think the 20K's are just a little too blue for my tank.

I think after doing some research last night I might stick with my 10K Mh then instead of having 2 actinic vho's and 2 10K vho's I am going to go with 2 actinic vho's and 2 12K vho's. The 12K vho's should just give me the little bit more blue I am looking for (I hope at least).

Comment

Brad, Next time your around my place, your welcome to pick up my geiseman14.5k bulb. It has around a months worth of use. Probably bluer than the 10 (still too yellow for me)
          You ARE looking for a DE bulb right?
          -greg-
          Zeovit, Bubbleking, and grotech dealer.
          Avid SPS hobbyist

Comment

Hey Greg, don't exactly know what kind of bulb I am looking for yet I just know that my tank is just a bit to yellow for my liking. I am unfamiliar with the term DE so I can't answer your question, sorry. I just want to try some different bulbs out so when it comes time to replace my MH bulb I don't buy something I hate and waste my money. Thanks Greg, I will probably see you in the next couple of weeks to pick up some more bac. Everything is doing great.

Comment

Brad,

Are your bulbs screw in, or clip in?

If you have the DE's, I have an extra Hamilton 14k you can have, it has about 6 months on it........

John
              IF IT IS WORTH DOING, TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT..........

Comment

My bulb is screw in, by the way what is DE, I have had this mentioned twice to me and I don't know what that means.

Comment

They are double ended............

They do not screw in like the regular halide bulbs,,,,,,,,,,
                  IF IT IS WORTH DOING, TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT..........

Comment

Too bad it won't work. All well, thanks for the offer and thanks for looking out for a fellow zeohead anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X