who t5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who t5

which are your experiment on the various marks of luminaries under t5 ?

Hi Pectinia, while I've not had any experience with the various types of T5's maybe some of our members can discuss their opinions on them. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

I've used some of the various makes. However bear in mind other than the lousy AB/AM T5 hood, the rest of the Euro makes aren't really here in the US. I like the SLS tek light and reflectors. I've got one over the top of my office 55. very nice. runs cool. Certainly zoos and shrooms and softies seem happy under it. I don't want to worry about CA so no hard stuff.

I used SLS tek and IC retrofits on a 180g previously. The IC is slightly better in terms of reflective performance and easier to clean, but it is also a bit wider which can be a concern. The ATI reflectors are also available and are comparable to the IC in performance but are even a bit wider.

Bulb wise, the vast majority of the European bulbs are all out of the same factory with different labels anyways. The Asian import bulbs still to date haven't "wowed" me except the Helios superblue or something like that. However longevity is still a concern
      10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
      BK400ext
      RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
      MRC kalkmixer
      IKS

Comment

chuck, i take it the Helios isnt as good as the SLS right? the helios are all that tat uses on their LPS/softie holding tanks, and i was wondering how well they perform.

Comment

They perform ok. They don't last all that long IME.
          10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
          BK400ext
          RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
          MRC kalkmixer
          IKS

Comment

in order to supplement my question, I should to you preciser that with the top of my 100 gallons J 2*400+ 4 t5 installs there blue and thus which mark to choose

Jsmile:

Comment

The must for me
              Actinic :
              JBL
              ATI

No Actinic:
              OSRAM
              ATI

http://www.atiaquaristik.com/index.php?t5-leuchtmittel
              Last edited by porites; 09-29-2005, 01:11 AM.
              <'))))< Pascal >(((('>

Comment

have you to test luminaries ATI

Comment

Working...
                X